Feedback on My New Build

Hi all, this is kinda a copy of my reddit post which didnt get any comments so I thought I'd ask on here. I've had a forum about it before but thought I'd get some more feedback :) Thanks

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GnsYFd

My main goal is to build an insanely nice all around setup. The PC itself will be built for strictly gaming and little to none focusmof things like video production, editing, and streaming. At this point in time I don't play many games because I don't have much to play them on. I'd like to branch out into a variety of games such as PUBG, BF1, CSGO, R6S, and whatever other games come along. 

**If gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? 

Very high FPS along with great video settings. All around just fantastic gameplay. I want to get the absolute best performance I can.

**What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?**

My budget is around the 1,500-1,800$ range. Right now I'm at around 1600 and I don't want to change that too much but if I need to that is completely fine.

**In what country are you purchasing your parts?**

US.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GnsYFd Here is the build I have picked out.

**Provide any additional details you wish below.**

I'm starting my setup from scratch but have a very strong plan of how I want to do it. I have never built a PC before so it will definitely be a hard process.

Regarding my PC build:
I was heavily debating between the Ryzen 7 1700 and Intel 7700K. I'd love to stick with the Ryzen because of the simple fact that what I can see from videos and other forums the Ryzen is a better option in general. Yes, game performance is lower which is all I am going for but people tend to talk about how games will be better suited for the Ryzen in the future and it has more potential, I could be completely wrong. I was told that the Ryzen stock cooler will do the job so I didn't bother picking one out because 1) I am not too sure what to get 2) It'll add an additional 100$ to my cost, and 3) It may not even be necessary for me. I would seriously like to stay away from water cooling as I have no experience and don't want to mess anything up.

I am completely versatile on this if that makes any sense. I am willing to do whatever I need to to get the best build for me, if anyone has any ideas on what to add or change out please, let me know. I have quite a bit of time to plan this out aswell.

for pure gaming, the 7700K is the winner.

it will take a long time for games to use more than 4c/8t, and by that time you might want to upgrade.

unless you're streaming/video editing/doing something in the background that takes lots of CPU, then don't get Ryzen for this particular use case.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

it will take a long time for games to use more than 4c/8t, and by that time you might want to upgrade.

unless you're streaming/video editing/doing something in the background that takes lots of CPU, then don't get Ryzen for this particular use case.

if OP is playing at 4k or 1440p, it won't be that big of a difference, ryzen 1700 also has better minimums.  

7 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

gaming, what kind of performance are you looking for? 

Very high FPS along with great video settings. All around just fantastic gameplay. I want to get the absolute best performance I can.

7700k is the best gaming CPU on the market, if you play at 4k or 1440p it won't matter much. 

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

I've been researching this so much man and people have mixed opinions, I want to stick with the Ryzen based on what I've seen but at the same time Intel has clearly better gaming performance. What also sucks is having an Intel id have to spend another 100$ on a cooler and change out the motherboard and what not. I'm still just torn between the two and I don't know why lol. I've been looking at comments a lot on videos regarding both the 1700 and & 7700K and most people tend to say AMD is on top but I don't know if thats STRICTLY for video editing and what not.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

if OP is playing at 4k or 1440p, it won't be that big of a difference, ryzen 1700 also has better minimums.  

7700k is the best gaming CPU on the market, if you play at 4k or 1440p it won't matter much. 

If I did infact get the 7700K do you have any non liquid cooler recommendations and a solid motherboard? I am completely new to this so i'm still learning.

Just now, Slaxc said:

If I did infact get the 7700K do you have any non liquid cooler recommendations and a solid motherboard? I am completely new to this so i'm still learning.

Noctua NH-D15 for overall greatness

Cryrorig R1 for overall beauty as you can purchase Customod

Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 for black and low noise 

Just now, Slaxc said:

dark rock pro 3 or DH -15, if you are brave enough, you can delid for better performance.

what resolution are you playing at?    

Just now, Slaxc said:

Best air cooler in terms of performance is something like the noctua NH-D15, or dark rock pro 3. those are huge though.

AIOs are really easy to install. easier sometimes than an air cooler, and it's very hard to mess up an AIO install.

if you do chose to get a 7700K, this is the build I'd recommend:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($308.87 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 153.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z270 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($97.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($126.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card  ($759.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.79 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.69 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1767.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-19 01:22 EDT-0400

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

if you are brave enough, you can delid for better performance.

He doesn't even want to install an AIO - no way he's delidding lol.

Desktop:

Laptop:

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

dark rock pro 3 or DH -15, if you are brave enough, you can delid for better performance.

what resolution are you playing at?    

Im building my setup from scratch, I have no monitors or anything at this point. Whatever would work best I can get.

Just now, Slaxc said:

Im building my setup from scratch, I have no monitors or anything at this point. Whatever would work best I can get.

decide that first 

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

He doesn't even want to install an AIO - no way he's delidding lol.

I'd love to install an AIO I just dont want to mess my stuff up, I've never done it before. What happens if it leaks?

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Best air cooler in terms of performance is something like the noctua NH-D15, or dark rock pro 3. those are huge though.

AIOs are really easy to install. easier sometimes than an air cooler, and it's very hard to mess up an AIO install.

if you do chose to get a 7700K, this is the build I'd recommend:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($308.87 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 153.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z270 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($97.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($126.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card  ($759.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.79 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.69 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1767.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-19 01:22 EDT-0400

Would anything be able to get this price down a bit but not affect it much?

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

decide that first 

What would you recommend? Id absolutely love to play at 4k if thats works for my build. Again, I am completely new and versatile. Is having a 4k monitor and 1080p monitor a bad decision?

Just now, Slaxc said:

Well, I chose a $100 AIO, which hiked up the price. if you go with something like a Dark Rock Pro 3, then the cost will go down a bit, but not down to sub-$1700. that's just the sad truth of buying intel.

if you're gaming at 4K, then @nerdslayer1 is right, the CPU matters a lot less, so you can go with a Ryzen. even a 1600 actually.

Desktop:

Laptop:

1 minute ago, Slaxc said:

What would you recommend? Id absolutely love to play at 4k if thats works for my build. Again, I am completely new and versatile. Is having a 4k monitor and 1080p monitor a bad decision?

nope, 1080ti can handle 4k easily, most people use dual monitor setup. 

1 minute ago, Slaxc said:

Cheaper PSU, like a 550w-650w, cheaper 16GB of RAM, 3200 isn't really needed, there's also Zotac AMP 1080 Ti for $50 less

1 minute ago, avimakkar said:

noctua NHD-15 will work absolutely fine

"Ooh, my Noctua cooler/fans look really nice in my system"

- Nobody, ever.

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Well, I chose a $100 AIO, which hiked up the price. if you go with something like a Dark Rock Pro 3, then the cost will go down a bit, but not down to sub-$1700. that's just the sad truth of buying intel.

if you're gaming at 4K, then @nerdslayer1 is right, the CPU matters a lot less, so you can go with a Ryzen. even a 1600 actually.

How would those two coolers compare... I don't think i'll do much overclocking at all but then again I am not too sure what kinda difference it makes. I'd much rather go with the Dark Rock if it works fine.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Cheaper PSU, like a 550w-650w, cheaper 16GB of RAM, 3200 isn't really needed, there's also Zotac AMP 1080 Ti for $50 less

How would changing the PSU affect gameplay and what not?

Just now, Slaxc said:

How would those two coolers compare... I don't think i'll do much overclocking at all but then again I am not too sure what kinda difference it makes. I'd much rather go with the Dark Rock if it works fine.

They both compete with eachother. the dark rock is totally fine.

Desktop:

Laptop:

6 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($308.87 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z270 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($115.88 @ Amazon) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($709.79 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: BitFenix - Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($30.86 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.39 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1532.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-19 01:32 EDT-0400

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

"Ooh, my Noctua cooler/fans look really nice in my system"

- Nobody, ever.

kindly read my reply again i said work fine not look fine. else he can go for CRYORIG R1

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

They both compete with eachother. the dark rock is totally fine.

Great to know. Not sure if youre the one who built me the Intel build but truly how do the Ryzen and Intel compare in gameplay.. I know Intel gets better performance but will it last a shorter time or have more problems or what? I don't know man... I wanna go with Ryzen so bad but I want the best performance I can get.