No Display Signal after Cleaning Graphics Card

Graphics Card (r9 290) was working perfectly earlier today. Decided it was time for a little cleaning since card was beginning to be loud, removed the card and dusted off the fan with compressed air (Canned air stuff not sure what its actually called). Went to re-install the Graphics card and now I don't get Display signal from it. Everything is connected and tried multiple cables and different ports both HDMI and DP. Nothing seems to be working, Cannot go into bios or boot into safe mode because im on a ryzen PC with no integrated graphics to boot. Everything else seems to be working fine too, fans are spinning and all LEDs are lighting up.

All help is appreciated, thanks.

11 minutes ago, triniP said:

Graphics Card (r9 290) was working perfectly earlier today. Decided it was time for a little cleaning since card was beginning to be loud, removed the card and dusted off the fan with compressed air (Canned air stuff not sure what its actually called). Went to re-install the Graphics card and now I don't get Display signal from it. Everything is connected and tried multiple cables and different ports both HDMI and DP. Nothing seems to be working, Cannot go into bios or boot into safe mode because im on a ryzen PC with no integrated graphics to boot. Everything else seems to be working fine too, fans are spinning and all LEDs are lighting up.

All help is appreciated, thanks.

Try re-seating the card in the PCIe slot, re-seat PSU cables to GPU. And reset CMOS.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Reseat the memory? Verify that the GPU fans are spinning?

1 hour ago, ionbasa said:

Try re-seating the card in the PCIe slot, re-seat PSU cables to GPU. And reset CMOS.

Have tried re-seating the card in PCIe as well as trying the other PCIe slots, Just tried resetting CMOS but it seems it didn't work.

1 hour ago, cpuwaiy said:

Reseat the memory? Verify that the GPU fans are spinning?

Yeah reseating memory unfortunately didn't work, but GPU fan still spins.

15 minutes ago, triniP said:

Yeah reseating memory unfortunately didn't work, but GPU fan still spins.

What motherboard? Does it give you any POST codes?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

1 hour ago, ionbasa said:

What motherboard? Does it give you any POST codes?

MSI b350 tomahawk, I doubt the problem is not booting, but even if it was I have no way to tell because there is no signal detected from the graphics card. So I don't have a way to display the errors since there is no integrated graphics in R5 1600

2 minutes ago, triniP said:

MSI b350 tomahawk, I doubt the problem is not booting, but even if it was I have no way to tell because there is no signal detected from the graphics card. So I don't have a way to display the errors since there is no integrated graphics in R5 1600

When you power it on, what does the EZ Debug LED say? Page 36 of the manual says the LEDs should be above the 24 Pin connector.

35 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

When you power it on, what does the EZ Debug LED say? Page 36 of the manual says the LEDs should be above the 24 Pin connector.

CPU led lights up,but I'm not sure what the issue would be from the CPU Last thing I did was remove the water cooler to clean the radiator and add new thermal paste, but that was a few days ago.

54 minutes ago, triniP said:

CPU led lights up,but I'm not sure what the issue would be from the CPU Last thing I did was remove the water cooler to clean the radiator and add new thermal paste, but that was a few days ago.

Are you sure everything is plugged back in the way its supposed to? CPU fan header for the watercooler (im assuming its an AIO)? Did you reset the CMOS properly by following the instructions in the motherboard manual. 

You can always try booting with just 1 RAM stick in the motherboard. You'll need to have it in the correct slot though.

1 hour ago, triniP said:

Basics first is your monitor on/working?

3 minutes ago, NLD1st said:

Basics first is your monitor on/working?

Yes turns on, have tried different inputs that seem to work just not from my PC's graphics card.

1 minute ago, triniP said:

Yes turns on, have tried different inputs that seem to work just not from my PC's graphics card.

Try a different pci slot? Not sure if it will help but worth a shot. 

unplug pc and then check capacitors around cpu cooler as you may have bumped one loose

31 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

Are you sure everything is plugged back in the way its supposed to? CPU fan header for the watercooler (im assuming its an AIO)? Did you reset the CMOS properly by following the instructions in the motherboard manual. 

You can always try booting with just 1 RAM stick in the motherboard. You'll need to have it in the correct slot though.

Water block header is using a sysfan header although I assume the header is only for the led on the water block (H105 Corsair). The rest of the CPU and system fans are connected to the nzxt Sentry 3 which i've been using for a few days now, so I doubt thats causing the problems. Just tried resetting the bios no luck and unfortunately also no luck with only 1 stick in the DIMM. (Used the correct DIMM [DIMMA2])

16 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

unplug pc and then check capacitors around cpu cooler as you may have bumped one loose

Nothing seems loose, changing the CPU thermal paste was a few days ago so I dont think thats the issue.

1 hour ago, triniP said:

Nothing seems loose, changing the CPU thermal paste was a few days ago so I dont think thats the issue.

next check gpu card for anything loose or dust/peice debris across contacts causing short

pull look inside the pci slot for debris 

check gpu slot pintabs for oxidation

check power cables make sure all pins where they are supposed be