Storage

yathis

Making my own bicycle pannier bags, well its a wooden box with black fabric around it.

My plastic tote box broke from Crappy Tire aka Canadian Tire, perfect size too, the only one I found. The bottom broke. Taking too many jumps.

Box made out of Particle board 1/4" with 8 minute epoxy and L brackets. Thinking epoxy the wood corners too, didnt think to epoxy between.

Should I add in some bolts into predrilled holes in the particle board?

I think to save weight, I am only going to do the back wall and floor to full size, then with a very short front wall and sides.

19"Lx16"W back wall

4"Lx16W side panel

??x16" floor

I am worried that the particle board will separate from the epoxy.

I've always hated working with particle board but its the only thing light weight, and I had some laying around.

No men here work with wood?

I always had a problem with that mdf stuff.

I bought some PLPremium construction adhesive, the black bottle.

That 8 minute epoxy is expensive, plus its only 25ml so coverage aint that great.

I am hoping if I squirt enuff PLPrem on the angle iron below it should be strong as an ox.

Model Model Metal Bracket Promotion-Online Shopping for Promotional ...

Its odd because the small L drawer bracket stuck strong, but the angle iron did not have enough epoxy to fill the gap.

596ed855d6ffb_PannierBag.png.c7362fcd0c9092829a2c10dc14befa45.png
As you can see, this is what I have now. To lessen weight, I am using a heavy duty fabric from Fabricland, or I will buy a couple large bags from Shoppers Drug Mart/Sobeys/Safeway/COOP. I need an area to place my charger.