Ryzen, Intel and waiting for value

Im looking to build a new computer for mainly gaming and the streaming of games.  money was an issue (still is) i have more wiggle room less just settling now.  so i was thinking of a ryzen 5 1600 build since the 1800x is now within my reach and the threadripper as well im trying to find out.  1800x/1600/7700k/6700k/threadripper  of those what is the gap if any in performance should i wait and get threadripper.  i am currently running an i7 920, dfi lanparty jr x58 t3h6 and sapphire r9 390x i get about 45-75 fps when streaming 

Threadripper is for HEDT, it's much more expensive. For your usage I recommend you get the R5 1600 and overclock it ^_^

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Threadripper is for HEDT, it's much more expensive. For your usage I recommend you get the R5 1600 and overclock it ^_^

Either this or a 1700 if you want it to last an extra year or two

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Thread ripper will be much more expensive, a little overkill for what you need and your budget. R5/R7 would be fine for streaming. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, rn8686 said:

Thread ripper will be much more expensive, a little overkill for what you need and your budget. R5/R7 would be fine for streaming. 

Quite overkill. 

32 minutes ago, Septimus said:

Quite overkill. 

B-bbbbbut unbalanced systems are the only thing i have to live for at this point in life...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

First of all, threadripper is for servers and ultra high end usage. I doubt you need it.

As for waiting for value, usually "wait for X" is a meme because new tech comes out every year. However I think right now until the end of the year is a crappy time to buy components (that said, i'll still be building another pc in September) 

RAM prices have pretty much doubled, SSD prices have been raised slightly, and we're close to next-generation CPUs and GPUs from Intel and Nvidia (Intel might mean less because they are being clowns at the minute, but NVidia have shown HUGE performance leaps in recent generations)

Also, as we all know, GPU prices are still crazy right now and it'l take a bit before they go back to norm.

To put it short, if your okay with waiting, I'd say it might even be worth waiting a bit for next gen stuff to come out (depends how patient you are, Volta could be 6 months, Cannonlake could be too, Vega is coming really soon etc) or atleast for prices to fall, depends how patient you are.

If you really want a PC now, don't go too overboard. You don't need a ridiculous 16 core CPU to stream; even i5's can handle that pretty well. If you really want a PC now, get something like a 1600X, 1700, 1700X or if you want frame-pushing, a 7700K, any of them will handle streaming easily. As for GPUs, up to you. 1080p sweetspot cards are 1060 6gb, RX580/RX580s and maybe a 1070 or 1080 if your doing really intense games like PS2.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

thanks for all your input guys  cpu was my main question seems like the 1600 performs just as well if not better than any of the available ryzens anyway im hoping to be able to sell my video card and get something newer.  and the card itself is fine until pricing and the craze wave has subsided on vega/volta and whatever will follow(prob very quickly)  intel has been good to me but anything somewhat reasonably priced seems like its going to need to be upgraded pretty soon. motherboards seem pretty clear cut asus hero 6 is the way im leaning but its expensive and doesnt seem to always work the best.  suggestions on mobo? and no b series im no pro but after overclocking my i7 920 ive got some experience under my belt.  also anyone have any case and fan/cooling recommendations? i love my antec 1200 but something under 60lbs would be nice but since it is pretty much just made of fans i havent really had to worry about it. i think i have a corsair fan i won at an intel lanfest 5 or so years ago.