Troubleshooting GTX-1070

So over the course of the last 6-months I upgraded my system so that the only thing from my original build is 2 drives. So over the last few months I've noticed that during most games I play, I'll get these random spots on MSi Afterburner (or whatever monitoring software I have running since the beginning) where everything GPU related drops down. During this time either the game I'm playing freezes for up to 45 seconds (Ark), drops to 6-9fps (Fallout 4), or crashes to Desktop. Whatever it is causes the GPU to "forget" there's a game playing... drops in the power, memory, core clock, all of it just drops. There's nothing else consistent about when it happens or why. Only that everything GPU related drops then usually comes back up. I will now list my system then share a few afterburner graphs.

PC:

Asus Maximus IX Hero Z270

Intel Core i7-7700k @ 4.8Ghz

16Gb G.Skill 3000Mhz DDR4 Trident-Z RGB

Asus Strix GTX-1070 OC Edition (Samsung memory not Micron)

NZXT Kraken X62 All-In-One CPU cooler

Samsung 840 EVO 128Gb SSD/ Seagate SSHD 1Tb/ Seagate 3Tb HDD

EVGA Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold PSU

Asus VX238H 1080p 1ms monitor

Corsair K70 & Redragon Perdition 

I see no reason why this would be happening. Over the course of the last few months I've used other GPU software (GPU Tweak2, EVGA Precision X), I've done complete re-installs of Windows, drivers and bios are always up to date... I'm no competitive builder/overclock-er but I know my way around PC's. Any input/questions/comments/concerns please let me know. 

Here's the top page of Afterburner during a massive freeze in Forza Horizon 3 earlier, it was stuck with the controller vibrating then resumed like nothing happened. 

596e680cb2cf6_Screenshot(221).thumb.png.d824e153033944b3e0a0b1d6a6844ed5.png

Here (below) you can see the sudden spike of 3Gb in the RAM section as well as the 5th CPU thread pegging

596e678f0d253_Screenshot(223).thumb.png.b80be6197cf795a4fbd52abbc24dfe80.png

Screenshot (222).png

Try benchmarking it for about 1.5 hours if it does what you've explained RMA it asap

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

2 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Try benchmarking it for about 1.5 hours if it does what you've explained RMA it asap

I doubt I can still RMA it, I've been using the system for months. Was there a reason you're saying that specifically for the GPU? Just wondered if you have seen others or something. What benchmark utility, because it does it even if I keep the clocks stock. 

15 minutes ago, Droid8Apple said:

I doubt I can still RMA it, I've been using the system for months. Was there a reason you're saying that specifically for the GPU? Just wondered if you have seen others or something. What benchmark utility, because it does it even if I keep the clocks stock. 

How long ago did you purchase it? if its less than a year then probably you can RMA it still 

On 7/18/2017 at 4:44 PM, Billy_Mays said:

How long ago did you purchase it? if its less than a year then probably you can RMA it still 

less than a year, and not trying to sound rude but instead of dealing with all of that crap and waiting i was wondering if you had a good reason as to why? why the gpu and not the cpu,mobo,psu,etc? you immediately suggested benchmarking and rma. i game daily and don't want to go through all that if there's something concrete you can give me to check. 

i thought i'd get help from more people on this forum opposed to tom's but maybe i'll post there instead. 

5 hours ago, Droid8Apple said:

less than a year, and not trying to sound rude but instead of dealing with all of that crap and waiting i was wondering if you had a good reason as to why? why the gpu and not the cpu,mobo,psu,etc? you immediately suggested benchmarking and rma. i game daily and don't want to go through all that if there's something concrete you can give me to check. 

i thought i'd get help from more people on this forum opposed to tom's but maybe i'll post there instead. 

Try Reddit too

3 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Try Reddit too

yes! forgot about reddit, thanks mang!

Just now, Droid8Apple said:

yes! forgot about reddit, thanks mang!

Yes it's a good place