Who else thinks that TW3 is overrated?

Nalgasp3ludas

Probly one of the best games I have played ever

yes there are not a lot of bid decision moments like mass effect games

and you can't creat and mild your char like in oblivion or skyrim 

but it's still a darn good game with amazing story and side quests 

of betherada and bioware made a rpg and let cd project red do the engine and graphics that would be a game to remember 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

It would be called mas sscrolls of the witcher

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

5 hours ago, Teejo said:

It gets boring when you can use the same strategy over and over again to beat the game.

Well, as a consumer you're well within your rights to expect anything you want from the products you buy. But at some point your expectations need to be kept in check by reality and rationality. If the Witcher 3 is too imperfect for you, I think you may be remembering other RPGs through rose-tinted glasses.

Push up the difficulty a bit. When you have two dodges and a parry, it's important each hit is worth a lot or else I can see it being too easy. On Death March, I think The Witcher 3's combat system is extremely enjoyable and usually still challenging through the end-game, but I don't know what it's like on lower difficulties.

They had to make concessions but the game really should be basically the highest difficulty you can crank up to. In fact, I'd like a mod that reduces random enemies to almost nothing or very confined areas and increase the monster contracts a lot so it basically plays more like the books: Geralt is a superhuman mutant but still extremely vulnerable on an otherwise unforgiving world: He nearly died just battling a few necrophages on the books once. Just regular enemies that basically dot the random wilderness. In fact to give you an idea Geralt one on one vs Keira Metz could be a major boss and Geralt would have 0 chance to even touch Philippa at all she was extremely powerful. A powerful mage on the books basically broke all of Geralt's bones and K.O.'d him badly to near death too, without moving an inch or casting more than 1 spell.

But alas that doesn't really makes for a very interesting game: Dark Souls bosses every time you encounter a random enemy. The stories here however are actually rather good. This is the one game where you can forgive the silly game mechanics and immersion killers because often you don't need them: There's plenty of sidequests where you don't even have to fight at all. And when you do fight hunting a monster it should be basically lethal and damn near unbeatable. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Play on a harder difficulty level, that way you have to use oils etc and can't just spam the mouse button in combat.
I think it's a good game, one of the best infact. I play with mouse and keyboard and sometimes a controller. I have the movement controls set to alternative and it's fine after that.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

48 minutes ago, typographie said:

Well, as a consumer you're well within your rights to expect anything you want from the products you buy. But at some point your expectations need to be kept in check by reality and rationality. If the Witcher 3 is too imperfect for you, I think you may be remembering other RPGs through rose-tinted glasses.

Push up the difficulty a bit. When you have two dodges and a parry, it's important each hit is worth a lot or else I can see it being too easy. On Death March, I think The Witcher 3's combat system is extremely enjoyable and usually still challenging through the end-game, but I don't know what it's like on lower difficulties.

Companies should always be criticized every time they do something wrong so they can improve. Its your money your wasting on a game and should aways expect the best.

9 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Play on a harder difficulty level, that way you have to use oils etc and can't just spam the mouse button in combat.
I think it's a good game, one of the best infact. I play with mouse and keyboard and sometimes a controller. I have the movement controls set to alternative and it's fine after that.

I finished the game on deathmarch using the same strategy over and over again.

I liked the Witcher 3 a lot but there was one thing I had a big issue with. The witcher contracts felt like a waste of my time. The idea of accepting a contract to figure out what kind of beast is tormenting a village and finding a way to kill it is a pretty neat idea, it seemed like a good way to add some optional puzzles into the game. Having to use some detective skills to piece together a crime scene, etc. In practice though they all boil down to this: turn on the witcher senses, follow the footprints until you find blood or something, Geralts' inner monologue he has throughout the game will tell you exactly what kind of monster you're dealing with and then he'll mention exactly how to kill it, you do that thing and it's done. Collect your money and move on. Zero thought involved.

57 minutes ago, Seamonster420 said:

I liked the Witcher 3 a lot but there was one thing I had a big issue with. The witcher contracts felt like a waste of my time. The idea of accepting a contract to figure out what kind of beast is tormenting a village and finding a way to kill it is a pretty neat idea, it seemed like a good way to add some optional puzzles into the game. Having to use some detective skills to piece together a crime scene, etc. In practice though they all boil down to this: turn on the witcher senses, follow the footprints until you find blood or something, Geralts' inner monologue he has throughout the game will tell you exactly what kind of monster you're dealing with and then he'll mention exactly how to kill it, you do that thing and it's done. Collect your money and move on. Zero thought involved.

Only did the first contract. The one of the girl that got Hung in a hole

I think it's mildly overrated in the sense that everyone seems to want to give it a 10/10 when I'd have it more a 9.7/10. I'd probably put it in the top 20 games I have ever played, dating back to the early 80s.

8 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

That 2 sentences pretty much sum up the whole thread. I was never into Witcher games but saying it's a bad game is pretty much ignorant (my opinion). You don't have to like the game to see if it's a good game. More like it doesn't fit your profile as a game. 

Also just to state the paradox here:

Friendly advice, don't ever try FFXV if it gets released on PC. Also Kingdoms of Amalur is a must play for you. 

Now kingdoms of amalur is a very underrated game. They call it the hidden jewel

11 hours ago, Teejo said:

Companies should always be criticized every time they do something wrong so they can improve. Its your money your wasting on a game and should aways expect the best.

Sure. Where you lose me is where you make the jump from "The Witcher 3 is an imperfect game and its flaws should be discussed so they can be improved upon" to "The Witcher 3 is a bad game." Video games are frequently rough gems, and if you apply this logic consistently I dare say you'd miss most of the best games out there.

I'd agree Kingdoms of Amalur is an underrated game, but it's also a game whose quest structure often feels like playing a single-player MMO in all the worst ways. I can recognize that flaw, and yet still generally enjoy the game (although once was enough :P).

13 hours ago, Teejo said:

If I always expected the best, I would always be disappointed.

Like one time I went to a dim sum restaurant that apparently has a Michelin star in its original location in Hong Kong. That means it should be one of the best damn restaurants in the world. But when I had their hot and sour soup (if a Chinese place has it, I order it, because it's like one of my benchmark items), it wasn't all that great. Does that mean the restaurant is now bad? No. The other stuff I had was good and the soup wasn't repulsive, but compared to other places I've had that kind of soup, it was underwhelming. So I enjoyed eating there, even with that minor issue.

But if I kept going on about how the hot and sour soup was blah, then people would find it weird that I would rate such a good  place ("good" by general consensus) poorly base solely on that.

9 hours ago, typographie said:

Sure. Where you lose me is where you make the jump from "The Witcher 3 is an imperfect game and its flaws should be discussed so they can be improved upon" to "The Witcher 3 is a bad game." Video games are frequently rough gems, and if you apply this logic consistently I dare say you'd miss most of the best games out there.

I'd agree Kingdoms of Amalur is an underrated game, but it's also a game whose quest structure often feels like playing a single-player MMO in all the worst ways. I can recognize that flaw, and yet still generally enjoy the game (although once was enough :P).

KoA was original designed as MMO but they change it during development. I agree, its underrated, but its one of the most easy games ive ever played. Witcher3 (which combat System is all but perfect) is a DS Game compared to KoA. Witcher 3´s  World Design, Motion Capturing and all that comes with it and overall feeling is nothing short but outstanding. I like the fact that people have different tastes and opinions, but who deny that, is lying to him/her self.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

KoA was original designed as MMO but they change it durting development. I agree, its underrated, but its one of the most easy games ive ever played. Witcher3 is a DS Game compared to KoA.

Yes it was very easy, and quests where very mmoy but I still enjoyed way more KoA than the witcher 3. Ive never played a dark souls game before. Dont feel like raging over a videogame every time I die

39 minutes ago, Teejo said:

Yes it was very easy, and quests where very mmoy but I still enjoyed way more KoA than the witcher 3. Ive never played a dark souls game before. Dont feel like raging over a videogame every time I die

I was no Fan of Ds 1+2 on PC, but DarkSouls 3 is hard but fair and realy good in case of controlls ect.  You should give it a try. Feels damn good when you defeat a Boss who kicked your Ass countless times before.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Oh no a hack and slash rpg has hack and slash combat omfg that is unbelievable 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

On 7/18/2017 at 3:48 AM, Teejo said:

-camera sucks

no it really doesnt

-combat is hack and slash

its a hack and slash game. you have 2 swords, one is for hacking, the other is for slashing. you'll get over it

-swimming controls suck

yep they do.

-horse controls suck

no they dont, you suck

You can complete the game with just quen and hacking and slashing.

dont play on normal mode

Just did very few sidequests

this game is 100% about the exploration. exploring the world, the people, the environment. not doing sidequests is depriving yourself of 90% of the games content. the main story is amazing and getting to see how the rest of the world interacts with it, and how everything fits together is all a part of the game.

i honestly think that until you have 100% completed the game, you havent even played it. its not for everybody, thats fair, but its far from being a bad game, and its far from being overrated.  its just not for you.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 hours ago, Tsuki said:

no it really doesnt

its a hack and slash game. you have 2 swords, one is for hacking, the other is for slashing. you'll get over it

yep they do.

no they dont, you suck

dont play on normal mode

this game is 100% about the exploration. exploring the world, the people, the environment. not doing sidequests is depriving yourself of 90% of the games content. the main story is amazing and getting to see how the rest of the world interacts with it, and how everything fits together is all a part of the game.

i honestly think that until you have 100% completed the game, you havent even played it. its not for everybody, thats fair, but its far from being a bad game, and its far from being overrated.  its just not for you.

Bf1 horse controls are way better than the witchers.. Its like the fourth time Ive said that I beated the game on DM

16 hours ago, Teejo said:

Bf1 horse controls are way better than the witchers.. Its like the fourth time Ive said that I beated the game on DM

and titanfall has better gun mechanics than bf1, does that mean bf1 sucks?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

25 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

and titanfall has better gun mechanics than bf1, does that mean bf1 sucks?

No because bf1 gun mechanics dont suck, you just think titanfall has better. But what I was trying to point out is that bf1 a fps has way better controls than the witcher a game about exploration.

5 minutes ago, Teejo said:

No because bf1 gun mechanics dont suck, you just think titanfall has better. But what I was trying to point out is that bf1 a fps has way better controls than the witcher a game about exploration.

and witcher 3 horse mechanics dont suck, you just think bf1 has better. what im trying to point out is that the entire thing is subjective, and you're wrong.

|Specs in profile|

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

and witcher 3 horse mechanics dont suck, you just think bf1 has better. what im trying to point out is that the entire thing is subjective, and you're wrong.

I actually stated that the witcher 3 horse controls do suck. How is it possible that a fps game has way better controls than a exploration game. Im not wrong many people also share my opinion on the horse controls.

1 minute ago, Teejo said:

I actually stated that the witcher 3 horse controls do suck. How is it possible that a fps game has way better controls than a exploration game. Im not wrong many people also share my opinion on the horse controls.

it doesnt have better controls. it has different controls.

its a different type of game and has controls that are suited to it. i would hate to have fps controls in my rpg, and i'd really hate to have rpg controls in my fps. they are different and they are suited for what type of game it is.

you have a preference, you like shooters, you're used to those controls and thats what you want in every game, but thats just fucking stupid. you wants fps controls playing diablo? nope, its a completely different type of game, that would be stupid.

i had 0 problems with the Roach in the Witcher, the controls are fine, you just have an extreme bias because you decided to hate on a game when all you did is spam Whirl through the entire game and thought thats all there is to it.

you are bad, and you should feel bad.

|Specs in profile|

4 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

it doesnt have better controls. it has different controls.

its a different type of game and has controls that are suited to it. i would hate to have fps controls in my rpg, and i'd really hate to have rpg controls in my fps. they are different and they are suited for what type of game it is.

you have a preference, you like shooters, you're used to those controls and thats what you want in every game, but thats just fucking stupid. you wants fps controls playing diablo? nope, its a completely different type of game, that would be stupid.

i had 0 problems with the Roach in the Witcher, the controls are fine, you just have an extreme bias because you decided to hate on a game when all you did is spam Whirl through the entire game and thought thats all there is to it.

you are bad, and you should feel bad.

Im in all my right to criticize a game, I paid 90 dollars for it. The horse does control horribly, you prolly just a delusional fanboy. Im not asking for fps controls on a rpg Im asking for good horse controls. Red dead redemption, mount and blade, and metal gear solid v have way better horse controls.

44 minutes ago, Teejo said:

Im in all my right to criticize a game, I paid 90 dollars for it. The horse does control horribly, you prolly just a delusional fanboy. Im not asking for fps controls on a rpg Im asking for good horse controls. Red dead redemption, mount and blade, and metal gear solid v have way better horse controls.

you are in yor right to criticize it. but it is in no rights a bad game just because you think the horse controls poorly. its just not your kind of game.  stick to bf1

|Specs in profile|