Who else thinks that TW3 is overrated?

Nalgasp3ludas

-camera sucks

-combat is hack and slash 

-swimming controls suck

-horse controls suck

You can complete the game with just quen and hacking and slashing. 

I love rpgs. My first rpg ever was ES daggerfall then fallout 2. I just couldnt invest myself into this game. I just finished the game on DM and let it alone. Just did very few sidequests. Btw Im not a bethesda fanboy but oblivion and morrorwind where way better than TW3

5 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Run while there's still time

Its simply a bad game

I am very sorry to inform you, that you are utterly mistaken :-)

- Camera is okish (could be better though)

- combat is hack and slash and  that's a good thing

- swimming controls don't suck, guess you are doing it wrong

- horse controls also don't suck, if at all it's way to responsive, that animal should be much harder to control

And yes you can complete the game with just quen and hacking and slashing. that is true. But you will miss 80% of the game and while the main quest is entertaining I had the most fun with some of the side quests, especially the ones from the expansions.

At least now I "know" someone who didn't like it, that's a rare thing so I feel proud about it.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

1 minute ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

I am very sorry to inform you, that you are utterly mistaken :-)

- Camera is okish (could be better though)

- combat is hack and slash and  that's a good thing

- swimming controls don't suck, guess you are doing it wrong

- horse controls also don't suck, if at all it's way to responsive, that animal should be much harder to control

And yes you can complete the game with just quen and hacking and slashing. that is true. But you will miss 80% of the game and while the main quest is entertaining I had the most fun with some of the side quests, especially the ones from the expansions.

At least now I "know" someone who didn't like it, that's a rare thing so I feel proud about it.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

Im being a bit harsh intentionally because I really expected more. To be completely honest I did have fun with the ciri last mission but thats about it. Maybe they fixed some of those things since I last played.

people just like the game because it looks pretty withought needing amazing gpus and the devs are cool 

2 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

people just like the game because it looks pretty withought needing amazing gpus and the devs are cool 

Cool would be if they refunded me my 90 dollars I paid with the season pass. I know they gave away 16 free dlcs but I never played those. 

Just now, Teejo said:

Cool would be if they refunded me my 90 dollars I paid with the season pass. I know they gave away 16 free dlcs but I never played those. 

you could try go email them

10 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

you could try go email them

Was just joking on that one. But its cool that they gave out free dlc tho 

And CoD is the best Shooter ever !!11!!

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 minutes ago, Praesi said:

And CoD is the best Shooter ever !!11!!

Wrong.. thats doom

11 minutes ago, Teejo said:

Wrong.. thats doom

Sarcasm dont work here i guess. Witcher3...a bad Game...?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I agree.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The hack and slash depends on the difficulty you play. My first playthrough I did normal, and indeed you could get by just swinging the sword. At higher difficulties though, using signs, potions, bombs, etc become important. I don't just mean health potions, but the actual stat altering ones. I've played every one of the games through and I still enjoy it, but can definitely see where it may not be for everyone.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I'm so glad they sold well, TW3 is a RPG completely aimed at adults, which make it a really niche case. People don't even begin to imagine what kind of effort they needed to make that "shitty" game. I don't know, I guess I think we should support that kind of studios, but I wouldn't even open a thread saying how bad Fallout 4 is, because I have too much respect for the effort, creativity and talent of those people. One thing I learned is that if someone can trash talk other's people work easily, that person never put enough effort on anything.

4 hours ago, Teejo said:

Its simply a bad game

It's "simply a bad game" because you managed to list four things that it could improve upon? Why does everyone on the internet have to be so all-or-nothing about everything? It makes discussions like these way more childish than they have to be.

For what it's worth, The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever but I don't totally disagree with those points. The controls are sometimes really awkward. While I'm one of the few who love TW3's combat—and categorically reject any notion that The Elder Scrolls or Fallout have ever come close to it—it's extremely polarizing among fans and there are clearly ways to make it better.

That said, "hack and slash" is now a negative term? Dark Souls and Platinum action games are often referred to as "hack and slash," and they include some of the best examples of melee combat ever put into a video game.

6 hours ago, Teejo said:

-camera sucks

-swimming controls suck

-horse controls suck

- nothing wrong with the camera

- combat is not great, but it is fun and suits the game. 

- swimming is not really relevant, and the controls are not THAT bad

- horse controls are really good actually.

You can do lots of stuff, but the amazing part is the story, the dialogues, the real.and vibrant world. It is a game where dialogues/cutscenes are as good or even better than running around and doing stuff.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

7 hours ago, Praesi said:

Sarcasm dont work here i guess. Witcher3...a bad Game...?

It is a average game... 

P.s was joking with the cod guy

4 hours ago, AHaskin14 said:

The hack and slash depends on the difficulty you play. My first playthrough I did normal, and indeed you could get by just swinging the sword. At higher difficulties though, using signs, potions, bombs, etc become important. I don't just mean health potions, but the actual stat altering ones. I've played every one of the games through and I still enjoy it, but can definitely see where it may not be for everyone.

My strategy for deathmarch was quen, hack and slash, dodge, quen, hack and slash, dodge every single fight. Beated the griffin that gave you the acid way before the quest like that. Got very boring for me

4 hours ago, typographie said:

It's "simply a bad game" because you managed to list four things that it could improve upon? Why does everyone on the internet have to be so all-or-nothing about everything? It makes discussions like these way more childish than they have to be.

For what it's worth, The Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games ever but I don't totally disagree with those points. The controls are sometimes really awkward. While I'm one of the few who love TW3's combat—and categorically reject any notion that The Elder Scrolls or Fallout have ever come close to it—it's extremely polarizing among fans and there are clearly ways to make it better.

That said, "hack and slash" is now a negative term? Dark Souls and Platinum action games are often referred to as "hack and slash," and they include some of the best examples of melee combat ever put into a video game.

When you pay for something you should always expect perfection. It gets boring when you can use the same strategy over and over again to beat the game.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Then you shouldn't buy anything because perfection is impossible.

Especially software.

That was just a term. 

1 hour ago, Teejo said:

It is a average game... 

Nonsense.

But im not here to feed the Troll.

3 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Nonsense.

But im not here to feed the Troll.

Im really not trying to troll. Its my opinion, I dont think it deserves the 10/10 it got. More like a 7/10 to be fair

2 minutes ago, Teejo said:

Its my opinion. More like a 7/10 to be fair.

That 2 sentences pretty much sum up the whole thread. I was never into Witcher games but saying it's a bad game is pretty much ignorant (my opinion). You don't have to like the game to see if it's a good game. More like it doesn't fit your profile as a game. 

Also just to state the paradox here:

10 hours ago, Teejo said:

oblivion and morrorwind where way better than TW3

Friendly advice, don't ever try FFXV if it gets released on PC. Also Kingdoms of Amalur is a must play for you. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

11 hours ago, Teejo said:

-camera sucks

-swimming controls suck

-horse controls suck

I love rpgs. My first rpg ever was ES daggerfall then fallout 2. I just couldnt invest myself into this game. I just finished the game on DM and let it alone. Just did very few sidequests. Btw Im not a bethesda fanboy but oblivion and morrorwind where way better than TW3

i can agree with the horse controls. in fact CD Red was well aware of how badly horses handled, tho they never got it right. so 90% of the time i just go on foot. there is an alternative movement for geralt, but it doesn't work when swimming, it sucks. 

you should try playing in higher difficulties. preparation comes into play much more often, but it becomes less important as you reach higher lvl. there's also this mod that makes it feel like dark souls with lots of settings to tailor the combat 

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2521/?