Is this even possible to do by myself?

Gaurav S Rao

Hello Guys,I was finally able to access the Acer Recovery Partition (PQService) Now I do not see a install.wim,but I do see 54 files in the \d2d\images folder which actually contain the OS,but fair enough,I do not know how to create a install.wim using these files,heck is it even possible,means sure enough,I know how to just create the file with the OS (like create a folder and create directories "1" "2" "3" "4" but I do not know how I can make the Windows install detect the install.wim a file where it can install from,neither do I know how the file signatures,etc work.

Can anyone guide me through this,etc?

Thnx

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

2 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

It might just be easier to do a clean windows install using the windows installer.  Then you don't get the trash that Dell, Acer, HP, etc. load down there new laptops and computers before you buy them.  The tool is here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Nononno I'm trying to modify a OEM install.wim to work in a Windows Setup Environment,but there is no install.wim in the first place -_- The reason I dont wanna download the Windows ISO (because my internet is hell and would take 482484 years for it to download without failing) And My other experiment is to modify the file so it is like how a fresh-non junk windows oem acer install would be (do experiments for fun) but i need help,I looked up guides on how to convert the .swn files to .wim files and seems trusty.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Sorry about the download speed, can't help there unfortunately.  Imho, getting rid of the "fresh-non junk" is exactly what a fresh install would do.

12 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Sorry about the download speed, can't help there unfortunately.  Imho, getting rid of the "fresh-non junk" is exactly what a fresh install would do.

kk,im downloading utilities to do the stuff

Windows deployment tools can create the files for you but downloading the tools is like 4GB worth of data... Which would be the same as just downloading the ISO.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz