I just bought a Tyan s7012 motherboard on eBay for 50 bucks and I threw in a couple of Xeons and 24gb of ram (12gb per processor). I was too cheap to buy a case for it and now I can't figure out how to power on the board.

It's stupid because I know that this is a REALLY simple task and I have an OS and a couple of 10gb NICs and blah...blah....blah.... but I can't figure it out. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you broooooooos

3 minutes ago, thundertech said:

now I can't figure out how to power on the board.

Why did you buy the mobo then?

I don't have the manual but just short all the contacts on the front panel header with a screwdriver until the board powers up , it's 2x12 pins if it's not labeled

tbh you should've bought a case instead tho. the only method that I think will work is just jump starting or just buy a case :/ 

So it looks like it has a 24 pin atx connector and a 8pin power connector in a corner and a 2nd 8 pin power connector at the other side of the board.

Each 8 pin cpu power connector powers the ram and the cpu near it.

A lot of 650w and up power supplies have 2 x 8 pin cpu connectors but you have to check the specs before buying one.

Alternatively, you can just find a faulty / broken (whatever ) power supply and cut the strip with the 8 pin cpu power connector and attach that to your power supply (easiest place would be where you have a pci-e connector)

Then look up in the manual of the motherboard (should be on tyan's site) to find where the pins for power on and reset are located (if they're not clearly marked on the motherboard)