Weird Windows 10 time issue.

iRileyx

Since doing a fresh install of W10 about 1-2 months ago, i've been having this weird time/date issue.

For some reason the time and date doesn't seem to carry on counting when the PC is turned off. That might not make much sense, but basically say i turn my PC off at 20:00 on the 16/07/2017, when i turn it back on the next morning, it'll only be at 20:01 16/07/2017). 

I have the date and time set to auto and it doesn't seem to work, i have to turn auto off and on for the time to update every time i turn the PC on. Also tested it with auto time turned off and it still does the same thing.

Just seems like a very weird issue, not much of a big one, but i can go days without using my PC and sometimes it's the first time i'll see in a day, so waking up at 8am in the morning and seeing the time as the middle of the afternoon for example, can cause a bit of a panic lol.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

CMOS battery maybe? 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Get a network time sync tool like Nettime

idk

1 minute ago, DarkEnergy said:

CMOS battery maybe? 

I don't think so, it only started after doing a fresh W10 install.

Would be very weird if the battery just happened to die at the same time haha.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Since doing a fresh install of W10 about 1-2 months ago, i've been having this weird time/date issue.

For some reason the time and date doesn't seem to carry on counting when the PC is turned off. That might not make much sense, but basically say i turn my PC off at 20:00 on the 16/07/2017, when i turn it back on the next morning, it'll only be at 20:01 16/07/2017). 

I have the date and time set to auto and it doesn't seem to work, i have to turn auto off and on for the time to update every time i turn the PC on. Also tested it with auto time turned off and it still does the same thing.

Just seems like a very weird issue, not much of a big one, but i can go days without using my PC and sometimes it's the first time i'll see in a day, so waking up at 8am in the morning and seeing the time as the middle of the afternoon for example, can cause a bit of a panic lol.

Change the BIOS battery, see if that helps. Haven't seen it that bad before, mine has the tendency to be an hour behind until I toggle off/on auto time... I think mine is related to summer time though, specifically time savings. I don't have the issue in linux, so think it's a windows bug woth updating summer time savings times.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini