Crash Bandicoot and PS4 from a PC gamer's perspective

Crash Bandicoot and PS4 from a PC gamer's perspective  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy coming to PC eventually?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If it is, is it worth spending $380 to be able to play the game right now?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If it isn't, is it worth spending $380 to be able to play the game right now?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

.......not manes games, spin offs FYI 

Please use proper grammar. Anyhow, I provided the links that indicated a possible release, including the fact that it's now up to Activision, who usually release their stuff on all relevant consoles and PC, where the game is released. It's not Sony. It's not Naughty Dog. It's Activision's decision. They can just decide that they want it on PC, and then call up Naughty Dog and tell them to compile a build immediately, and Naughty Dog would have to comply.

10 minutes ago, WFMG said:

That doesn't make sense. Love 'em or hate 'em, these games were all main series.

not on the main series

it looks like you're saying that Crash won't come out on other platforms because if they do, they are apparently crappy ports, and so they don't count

not exactly,   i was talking about the amount of work it will take to port this game to PC, most likely won't happen. 

Not the most clever observation in my opinion. What do you mean?

irony at it's finest 

6 minutes ago, WFMG said:

Please use proper grammar, please.

spelling mistake and a grammar, fixed it

I provided the links that indicated a possible release

not exactly, rumors are not fact, remember Halo 4 coming to PC? 

They can just decide that they want it on PC, and then call up Naughty Dog and tell them to compile a build immediately, and Naughty Dog would have to comply.

glass houses are not very comfortable in the on the long run   

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not on the main series

not exactly,   i was talking about the amount of work it will take to port this game to PC, most likely won't happen. 

irony at it's finest 

spelling mistake and a grammar, fixed it

not exactly, rumors are not fact, remember Halo 4 coming to PC? 

glass houses are not very comfortable in the on long run   

It would take very little work to port it to PC. Just make sure you have mouse/keyboard controls included in your control system (a one day job for a single developer, if it's not already done by default, which depends on the engine), and then go into wherever you have your build settings, and a build an x86_64 Windows build. It doesn't need anything more. Maybe adding a few options, but that isn't a lot of work. I don't know what engine they're using, but I know that no matter what, this is not difficult for a single developer to do, let alone an entire team.

It's not irony when your bad grammar, lack of capitilisation, and weird phrasing, all result in a barely coherent mess.

I don't follow Halo, and I never have.

So you're telling me I shouldn't say the truth, that Activision is in charge of the publishing of Crash Bandicoot, because... why? Glass houses aren't a relevant expression. Are you telling me I am in charge of publishing Crash? I wish I were.

41 minutes ago, WFMG said:

It would take very little work to port it to PC. Just make sure you have mouse/keyboard controls included in your control system (a one day job for a single developer

you don't work on porting games than. 

So you're telling me I shouldn't say the truth, that Activision is in charge of the publishing of Crash Bandicoot, because... why? Glass houses aren't a relevant expression. Are you telling me I am in charge of publishing Crash? I wish I were.

nope, i am just saying stop having high expectations

I don't know what engine they're using, but I know that no matter what, this is not difficult for a single developer to do, let alone an entire team.

how do you know? 

40 minutes ago, WFMG said:

It's not irony when your bad grammar, lack of capitilisation, and weird phrasing, all result in a barely coherent mess.

get an English degree yet? 

how do you know? 

I am a game developer. I do this stuff myself. Porting games isn't really hard, especially when they're all 64-bit x86 machines.

nope, i am just saying stop having high expectations

What? High expectations? Asking whether people on here think the game will come out for other systems, with a decent optimism based on actual sources? Not that that's got anything to do with glass houses.

Just now, WFMG said:

I am a game developer. I do this stuff myself. Porting games isn't really hard, especially when they're all 64-bit x86 machines.

so you develop AAA games? 

Just now, WFMG said:

Not that that's got anything to do with glass houses.

58 minutes ago, WFMG said:

They can just decide that they want it on PC, and then call up Naughty Dog and tell them to compile a build immediately, and Naughty Dog would have to comply.

quote people if you are talking to them 

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

so you develop AAA games? 

quote people if you are talking to them 

Games don't work differently because of their budget.

You shouldn't say anything about quoting. You put two quotes of mine in there that you did not address.

5 minutes ago, WFMG said:

You shouldn't say anything about quoting. You put two quotes of mine in there that you did not address.

i did, your comment on how "

They can just decide that they want it on PC, and then call up Naughty Dog and tell them to compile a build immediately, and Naughty Dog would have to comply."

- thats just entitled 

Games don't work differently because of their budget.

..yes they do, different budget games have different expectations to fulfill.   

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i did, your comment on how "

They can just decide that they want it on PC, and then call up Naughty Dog and tell them to compile a build immediately, and Naughty Dog would have to comply."

- thats just entitled 

..yes they do, different budget games have different expectations to fulfill.   

I was stating a fact. I was highlighting how Activision has full control over the publishing of any current and future Crash games. That's not entitled. That's a fact.

Different expectations, sure. But this isn't making the game from scratch. It's already on PC. That's how you make a game. These things I described are very simple to accomplish. They work the same way. The same methodology, file types, workflows... it's not some magic, proprietary bullshit. You're trying to tell a game developer he is wrong about game development because he is not employed by a large corporation (which was a guess on your part; I could've been working for Activision, myself), while you aren't even a game developer at all. It makes no sense. Either tell me what, in specifics, would make it too hard for Activision and Naughty Dog to release Crash Bandicoot for the platform it was made on, or don't bother.

1 minute ago, WFMG said:

I was stating a fact. I was highlighting how Activision has full control over the publishing of any current and future Crash games. That's not entitled. That's a fact.

but they can't just order game studios around.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

but they can't just order game studios around.

Yes they can. Activision own the rights to publishing it. Going around calling me, or even it, entitled isn't going to change that.

I literally got a PS4 for the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy alone. I LOVED the original series when I was young and I'm really enjoying playing through them again. Worth the money IMO.

Now for them to get us the Spyro games as well!

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHZ Motherboard: Aorus Z270X-Gaming 7 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 GPUs: 2 x GTX 1080 FE SLI Cooling: Custom CPU and GPU loop Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO , 1 TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850i Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Monitors: 2 x Acer XB271HU 1440p 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Mouse: Utechsmart Venus

Just now, Badimir Putin said:

I literally got a PS4 for the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy alone. I LOVED the original series when I was young and I'm really enjoying playing through them again. Worth the money IMO.

Now for them to get us the Spyro games as well!

Ugh. No. Man, you don't even have a 4K monitor, even with all that fancy shit in your setup. 30 FPS is just not... ugh.

34 minutes ago, WFMG said:

Ugh. No. Man, you don't even have a 4K monitor, even with all that fancy shit in your setup. 30 FPS is just not... ugh.

I have an Asus PB287Q (4K 60Hz) hooked up to my PS4. Sure the framerate sucks, but I don't really care about that when it comes to a console, especially just playing a game like Crash, which I originally played on a 400x600 CRT TV and is essentially a platformer anyway. I do prefer gaming on my PC (obviously, if you looked at the specs), and I would MUCH prefer them to release a PC port for the games, but I'm not confident that Activision will do that in the future. I really just wanted the game as quickly as possible. Plus since then I've picked up a couple console-exclusives that I've enjoyed, like FFXV and Horizon Zero Dawn.

I don't regret my purchase, and I'll continue to enjoy it in the future.

EDIT: I'd also like to express my surprise at your response. You asked for people to recommend a path of action for you based on their knowledge or experience of it, then you berate them for making a suggestion?

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHZ Motherboard: Aorus Z270X-Gaming 7 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 GPUs: 2 x GTX 1080 FE SLI Cooling: Custom CPU and GPU loop Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO , 1 TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850i Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Monitors: 2 x Acer XB271HU 1440p 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Mouse: Utechsmart Venus

32 minutes ago, WFMG said:

Dude, everyone has their preferences. Stop shoving yours down other people's throats.

If you demand 4K 60FPS, then don't even bother thinking about the current consoles.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Dude, everyone has their preferences. Stop shoving yours down other people's throats.

If you demand 4K 60FPS, then don't even bother thinking about the current consoles.

You're telling me I'm doing things that I'm not doing.

10 minutes ago, Badimir Putin said:

I have an Asus PB287Q (4K 60Hz) hooked up to my PS4. Sure the framerate sucks, but I don't really care about that when it comes to a console, especially just playing a game like Crash, which I originally played on a 400x600 CRT TV and is essentially a platformer anyway. I do prefer gaming on my PC (obviously, if you looked at the specs), and I would MUCH prefer them to release a PC port for the games, but I'm not confident that Activision will do that in the future. I really just wanted the game as quickly as possible. Plus since then I've picked up a couple console-exclusives that I've enjoyed, like FFXV and Horizon Zero Dawn.

I don't regret my purchase, and I'll continue to enjoy it in the future.

EDIT: I'd also like to express my surprise at your response. You asked for people to recommend a path of action for you based on their knowledge or experience of it, then you berate them for making a suggestion?

Same with you.

Just now, WFMG said:

You're telling me I'm doing things that I'm not doing.

Same with you.

Ok.

1 minute ago, Badimir Putin said:

Ok.

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm just trying to create a discussion. I'm not berating anyone. I'm trying to find the answer by using the facts I know, and the resources I have, along with you who respond to this thread. That I tell people off if they make no sense, or try to start a conflict, is normal. I know it's perhaps not the greatest idea, but I am aware that I reciprocate if people try to portray me as some sort of idiot or unpleasant person. This is not about me. This is about discussing this game and the situation. I'll keep at it if it means completely destroying my reputation on this website.

3 hours ago, WFMG said:

Hell, 5K is mainstream and there is even an 8K monitor out already. If I'm going to pay $380 for a console and a game at this point, I would expect something better than what the 6950 from 2011, which I bought for $24, can already do.

don't get it, if you think 5k is mainstream and you can't play games at "only 1080p 30fps " than just avoid it. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

don't get it, if you think 5k is mainstream and you can't play games at "only 1080p 30fps " than just avoid it. 

This is two years ago. It's not cheap, but it's an iMac. It's mainstream.

Just now, WFMG said:

This is two years ago. It's not cheap, but it's an iMac. It's mainstream.

it's not 

it's not 

Great argument.

Just now, WFMG said:

Great argument.

you are not vary easy to talk to, 5k iMac is not mainstream. 

you are not vary easy to talk to, 5k iMac is not mainstream. 

I am open to the idea, but tell me how it is not. You can buy it, it's affordable for a decent amount of people, and evidently, people do buy it. It's not much more expensive than their older ones were when they were new, what with their 1440p displays. 5K displays are quite common and can cost about $1000, and 4K monitors are even more so, costing only a few hundred dollars, like $500 for a decent one. That's VERY mainstream. Not to mention that 4K content is everywhere, with many people shooting their videos at 8K.

I am open to the idea, but tell me how it is not. You can buy it, it's affordable for a decent amount of people, and evidently, people do buy it. It's not much more expensive than their older ones were when they were new, what with their 1440p displays. 5K displays are quite common and can cost about $1000, and 4K monitors are even more so, costing only a few hundred dollars, like $500 for a decent one. That's VERY mainstream. Not to mention that 4K content is everywhere, with many people shooting their videos at 8K.

Cost does not imply market share. "Mainstream" in most contexts means it commands a majority of the market share.

Also the idea of a $2,500ish computer is "affordable" for a "decent amount of people" is... well... wishful thinking at best.

19 minutes ago, WFMG said:

I'm just trying to create a discussion. I'm not berating anyone. I'm trying to find the answer by using the facts I know, and the resources I have, along with you who respond to this thread. That I tell people off if they make no sense, or try to start a conflict, is normal. I know it's perhaps not the greatest idea, but I am aware that I reciprocate if people try to portray me as some sort of idiot or unpleasant person. This is not about me. This is about discussing this game and the situation. I'll keep at it if it means completely destroying my reputation on this website.

Okay, so let's answer your questions:

1. Is Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy coming to PC eventually?

No official statement has been made. So the answer is "no" until an official statement is made.

2. If it is, is it worth spending $380 to be able to play the game right now?

3. If it isn't, is it worth spending $380 to be able to play the game right now?

Considering you seem to demand high-end graphics on a platform that can't deliver high-end graphics, no.