Which side of Heatsink to put Fan on?

I was talking to a friend about some Rosewill fans that I got to put in my case, and as we got to talking about airflow I realized that the fan on my Hyper 212 EVO was pulling air through the heatsink ( I think that is the direction of the flow) and the case fan on the other side of that heatsink was pulling as well and they have been fighting each other. I know they should both flow the same way, my question is should I leave the fan on the side of the heatsink it is currently on and reverse airflow or should I put it on the opposite side of the heatsink? Actually I just realized that the clips are only on one side of fan so I can't do that.  NEW question, I see a lot of pics with the fan on the side of the ram, covering it up.  Isn't the air pulled through the heatsink by the fan and pushed into the case?  If that is so and my case fan on the back is exhaust aren't they fighting each other? I am not at home or I would be investigating this stuff, I am at work entertaining myself on Linus' forums!  Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_20170714_181534.jpg

That's how I have my Evo set up 

I like to blow vape though my fans to see what side sucks and what side blows air 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

If your rear fan is exhaust then it's best to have that fan blowing air through the heatsink(if you keep it on the current side)

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

That looks right.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Okay so should I keep the fan on the current side of the heatsink or move it to the other?

2 minutes ago, Point said:

Okay so should I keep the fan on the current side of the heatsink or move it to the other?

If the fan is pulling air through the heatsink no, it needs turning around.

can you see the blades on the heatsink fan? with no "supports" in the way like on that rear case fan.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

9 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

If the fan is pulling air through the heatsink no, it needs turning around.

can you see the blades on the heatsink fan? with no "supports" in the way like on that rear case fan.

I am pretty sure that the fan is pulling air though heatsink into the case, not at home right now to confirm, but the hub is on the inside as you can see from pic, so I am pretty sure that is the case.  My question is should I just flip fan around in it's current location or move the fan to the other side of the heatsink?  The airflow will be the same either way, I am just curious as to which one is better.  On the Hyper 212 EVO pics I see in google they all seem to have it on the side I have it one but what if I had RGB ram i I Wanted to show off, is it okay to move the fan to the other side of Heatsink or will the two fans be too close to each other?

Oh just noticed that you can't see the hub in that pic sorry

Doesn't really matter. Its same thing as the push vs pull debate you might have heard of. Difference is minimal, in my own testing it was 3C for pull config. About same I got when I changed orientation of heatsink.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The way you have it, will get more fresh Air. If you pull it, more hot air comming from the gpu would be used. Would be more of an usdue without the stock gpu cooling tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 19.7.2017 at 1:16 AM, Praesi said:

The way you have it, will get more fresh Air. If you pull it, more hot air comming from the gpu would be used. Would be more of an usdue without the stock gpu cooling tho.

How air from GPU is still minimal compared to coolers performance. I've had CPU cooler horizontally and yet I had better CPU cooling performance than with "normal" orientation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv