i7 3770 cooling

since there is no forum for cooling in general i'll just post it here.

just asking for simple opinion from you all. i had a build with i7 3770 (non K) installed with stock cooler for a while now, do you think i should buy an aftermarket cooler? because tbh i think the stock cooler did a decent job for me, and since overclocking is out of question i really didn't need an expensive cooler.

what do you guys think?

Eager To Learn

please outline whether or not you have the modded BIOS which allows non-k overclocking. usually you upgrade cooling if you need it. generally the stock cooler works fine with  stock CPU settings. if you are thinking about overclocking, then upgrade to AIO watercooler or the new half AIO unit from EK (240 or 240G) as seen in LTT advertisements

hyper212+ etc works fine, but a noisy push/pull system always leaves a bit to be desired in terms of performance AND looks. if you care about that sort of thing

Just now, Dr. KEK said:

9 minutes ago, Raxul said:

since you arent overclocking anyways I would get a Noctua U12S and if looks matter then a 120 mm rad such as the NZXT X31 or Arctic Liquid freezer 120 which is more affordable but might not fit, but what case do you have?

1 minute ago, Tiwaz said:

since you arent overclocking anyways I would get a Noctua U12S and if looks matter then a 120 mm rad such as the NZXT X31 or Arctic Liquid freezer 120 which is more affordable but might not fit, but what case do you have?

i have corsair carbide spec-03

Eager To Learn