Cryorig H5 Ultimate vs Noctua NH-U12S AM4

just_dave

Hello, which cooler from those two is better performancewise? The Noctua is quite expensive and i would have to get a normally looking fan, but it has 5 heatpipes, cryorig on the on the other hand is cheaper but has only 4 heatpipes but much more massive heatsink, my clearance limit is 166mm.

Thanks!

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

5 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Hello, which cooler from those two is better performancewise? The Noctua is quite expensive and i would have to get a normally looking fan, but it has 5 heatpipes, cryorig on the on the other hand is cheaper but has only 4 heatpipes but much more massive heatsink, my clearance limit is 166mm.

Thanks!

its up to personal preference yeah the notcua will be better but is it worth it to you

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

6 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

That's for the Universal, not the Ultimate. 

Thanks, i´ll get the noctua since it has better warranty and availability and has AM4 bracket included

3 hours ago, dave_k said:

Thanks, i´ll get the noctua since it has better warranty and availability and has AM4 bracket included

If you are planning to use any other than Noctua fan on it, don't bother. Noctua coolers work best as whole thing. If you don't like fan colors, get some other cooler rather than blow some more money on fans you happen to like.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you are planning to use any other than Noctua fan on it, don't bother. Noctua coolers work best as whole thing. If you don't like fan colors, get some other cooler rather than blow some more money on fans you happen to like.

But what about the clearances ? You think Cryorig support should tell me ?

2 minutes ago, dave_k said:

But what about the clearances ? You think Cryorig support should tell me ?

With LPX RAM, for sure. H5 heatsink is 160mm and extra 8mm is for raising fan for taller RAM if needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

With LPX RAM, for sure. H5 heatsink is 160mm and extra 8mm is for raising fan for taller RAM if needed.

Yeah, i know that but i´d also like to put on my side glass, i has max clearance of 166 and the max cooler is 168 :(

11 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Yeah, i know that but i´d also like to put on my side glass, i has max clearance of 166 and the max cooler is 168 :(

Again, heatsink is 160mm. Only time it would be 168mm is if you raise fan as high as possible. You have low-profile RAM. You are fine with that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 17. 7. 2017 at 5:13 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Again, heatsink is 160mm. Only time it would be 168mm is if you raise fan as high as possible. You have low-profile RAM. You are fine with that.

Cryo support told me that the cooler wont fit even with lowered fan, so ill take the noctua and wait for Q4 when they will release the Chromax heatsink covers and chromax fans