R9 280X vs GTX 1050TI

Zenedge
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,
7 minutes ago, Zenedge said:

i also forgot to mention that my psu is only 500W atm. and this R9 280X takes up 250W :o

id be willing to upgrade my psu tho

btw.. is the 1050ti better at watts/performance ratio??? <----whatever taht was called. lol

Yes the 1050TI is one of the best fps/watt cards but the 280x should be faster by quite a bit

im going to buy a new videocard maybe next week. but im kinda undecided about these 2 cards.

theres a sale going on right now where i come from. and these 2 cards cost exactly the same.

im kinda leaning for the R9 280X. but then again. the 1050ti is the latest atm.

what are your opinions?

thanks

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

i also forgot to mention that my psu is only 500W atm. and this R9 280X takes up 250W :o

btw.. is the 1050ti better at watts/performance ratio??? <----whatever taht was called. lol

Between the 2 cards, just get a 1050 Ti. Newer tech, uses less power, basically performs a bit better than the 280X in games, and 4GB VRAM.  

7 minutes ago, Zenedge said:

Yes the 1050TI is one of the best fps/watt cards but the 280x should be faster by quite a bit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

According to tests the 280x would be marginally slower actually, surprised me too.

1 hour ago, pzspah said:

According to tests the 280x would be marginally slower actually, surprised me too.

Huh, got any benchmarks? That really surprises me but I guess it's worse then the R9 380 by a bit so it's not too strange 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Thanks for your opinion guys..

i got the GTX 1050TI :D

really enjoying it..a huuuge upgrade from my old R7 260x

Many videos on youtube comparing the 1050ti 4GB VS the GTX680/HD7970 (280x) based cards.

It sure IS surprising.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz