DAC and Amp Help

BestPCBuilder2017
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
12 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.......................

I'm thinking about a modi2, but I don't know what to get for a tube amp then. The DarkVoice you stated seems to be sold out/discontinued 

it comes on massdrop from time to time for 200$ https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CF9JON8/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1500285663&sr=8-1&keywords=darkvoice&condition=new There you have it for 310$

2 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

@Dackzy If you could help on this if you're available

So if I wanted a "transparent" sound, I would avoid the tube amps, right? I'm not interested in adding anything extra. I just want clarity and purity. I'm not the type of person to add extras afterwards. 

sure. If you want the headphone to be as transparent as they can get you want to go with solid state since they don't color the audio to the same degree.

If you go solid state, then I personally think it is worth spending the extra cash on the NFB 11.28 vs a schiit modi 2 + Magni 2, it is just an amazing combo for the price and it gives you three ways to connect your PC to it, plus a preamp for speakers, so you can control your active speakers' volume with it. You can also do that with the Magni 2 uber, but it is simply not as good of an amp as the one the nfb 11.28 has built in.

6XXs do like tubes but you should have a decent solid state to so you can tell what tubes are doing otherwise. Just like @Dackzy I highly recommend the NFB-11.28. The only other thing to think about is the Christmas delivery leadtime on the 6XXs.

3 hours ago, Jdnoss1234 said:

6XXs do like tubes but you should have a decent solid state to so you can tell what tubes are doing otherwise. Just like @Dackzy I highly recommend the NFB-11.28. The only other thing to think about is the Christmas delivery leadtime on the 6XXs.

The HD 650s will still give off "transparent" sound even without a tube amp though, right? I mean, are they are/can be used for transparent sound, right? 

When you say "transparent" do you mean a neutral sound signature or a big airy sound stage?