"Never again" products

Mooshi

It's not so much a product and I obviously still use it butttt....

The STEAM Login really kinda pisses me off. Whenever you have to use steam whether it be online or through their app, you always have to use the 'special code' from the eMail that they gave you (which isn't always instant) and then you have to set up a friendly name for the PC. Sure I get this if you are on someone elses network but I think you should not have to do that if you are using a different device on the same network. Steam should recognise that you are using the same network as your other devices.

Other things that are 'never again' products:

- Apple devices - They get slow very quickly and you cannot upgrade the storage

- Cheap SSD's (eBay SSD's) - They are simply loop devices that will never hold the storage you want and will corrupt your PC

- Steam Key bundles - You never ever get anything decent or worth anything

- Unpowered USB Hubs - USB speeds are dramatically decreased

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

I already boycotted Gearbox Software for their slimy tactics regarding Aliens: Colonial Marines and their G2A debacle.  Same deal with EBGames.

MSI motherboards. As much as i like the overall build quality, features and style of the boards i've just had too many issues with them to buy anything else from them from now on. I brought the MSI 970 gaming board for my first build back in 2015 as about a year later whilst i as at university the motherboard just died for no reason after that i switched to a gigabyte 970 gaming board and that's still going strong. Recently i upgraded to a ryzen 1600 from my FX 8350 and decided to go with MSI again since the motherboard i chose (SLI PLUS X370) it is colour neutral which is a must for me as i have a NZXT hue+, and overall seemed like a good board. Now for some reason whenever i try to use the BIOS it just freezes. I have owned a GPU made by MSI which was my gtx 960 which i really liked when i was running it in my system. So now i've just given up on MSI motherboards  as they have been just a mass pain for me to deal with for the past few months 

HP and Lenovo.  I also won't buy duracell flash drives ever again (I own a couple and they're slow as shit).

I will never buy a Chrysler vehicle minus their trucks, as Chrysler only seems to know how to make dodge trucks.

Same with Ford.

Never will buy a Honda either.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

9 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I feel like I'm the only one here besides the obvious who actually likes their Macbook. 

But then again I got it for $300 and "obtained" Final Cut.

Hey I just got a 2017 macbook pro 13inch with 16GB of ram. Couldn't be more happier. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

5 hours ago, Tiz said:

or the Macbook Pro which would be one of the best laptops in the planet at 2000$ maximum, but at 3200$ its just nuts.

Everything is double sided. Whoever bought apple's product have to swallow all the inconvenience it brings them. 

For example : the price, and dongle etc. 

Nothing is perfect. 

3 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

My never again company is Asus after my Asus Nexus 7 tablet's screen started going bad one month out of warranty.

I swear my asus GTX780 went bad within days after the warranty expired. Like WTF, they have a remote control for it? 

Oh, a few more to add to the list:

• Fry's for anything computer hardware related. The problem is while their return policy is great, that's their problem. When I want to go source hardware, I have to scuffle through the open boxes (which are not clearly labeled as such, the only indication is they have a reduced price). They also on more than one occasion sold me an open box product as new.
  • GameStop, because Best Buy's gamer's club is superior. Plus they make their "associates" give a 5 minute sales pitch on preorders and their rewards cards at checkout before they finally ring you up.

3 hours ago, Brennan_Price said:

The STEAM Login really kinda pisses me off. Whenever you have to use steam whether it be online or through their app, you always have to use the 'special code' from the eMail that they gave you (which isn't always instant) and then you have to set up a friendly name for the PC. Sure I get this if you are on someone elses network but I think you should not have to do that if you are using a different device on the same network. Steam should recognise that you are using the same network as your other devices.

Well you could always turn off Steam Guard. And how would it know it's on someone else's network when everyone else's home network is practically 192.168.1.0/24?

10 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

I think Razer gets more hate then it deserves. Their laptops are crap, I'll admit that I made the mistake of buying one. Also their headphones are a joke. But I have had no issues with their mice and keyboards. Deathadder Chroma and Blackwidow Chroma been using almost 3 years and love them both and have had no issues.

I've tried their mice and keyboards. I gave them 5 chances and they all died within two weeks of normal use. Their customer support was also atrocious.

Never. Again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

never again buy anything, rely on company for everything :P . Everything from car to house to even PCs and laptops as well.

Im sure this is gonna end up being dont buy everything. Dont forget cars too, even people.

For tech related stuff I'm pretty tolerant to hardware related failures. I do not like software related faults.

AMD GPUs. Had a 5770. Search gray screen of death if you're really curious. 

NZXT anything. Got a Kraken x52 6 months ago. Cam is the boat anchor to a great product. 

Android phones, at least flagships. Not paying that much for a phone that might only be supported for a year and a half. Plus I don't like the OS.

ANY type of offbrand/cheapo charger or cable for anything. Buy quality or original equipment, save yourself a house fire. 

Any "smart" TV, or any IoT device for that matter.

Less of a product, but I won't use facebook ever again.

Non tech stuff:

Matco tools

Craftsman tools (now they're not tied to sears so maybe I can buy them again, haven't decided)

Anything from harbor freight that your life depends on (jackstands, hoists)

Black and decker

Car stuff (though I haven't owned some of these, I've seen enough to feel strongly about)

Dorman parts or most parts from your general parts store. Save yourself the tow bill and buy OEM parts no matter what you own. 

Toyota trucks

Subaru

Nissan

FCA

Mercedes

Land Rover

Jaguar

Usually if I buy something and like it, I'll keep buying from that brand until I don't. For example, I've always bought gskill ram, and try to stick to gigabyte motherboards.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Patriot Blast 960GB SSD

First one died after 11 months.  RMA.

RMA replacement died after 6 more months.  RMA again.

This third one is now demoted to 'Steam Game Install Drive' on my HTPC, while a Samsung EVO 850 is in my desktop now.

I'm done with Patriot storage products.  They don't even make NAND Flash so it's not even really 'theirs'.

5 hours ago, Lurick said:

Gateway products.

*shudder*

Had a laptop from them for a while and their support was abominable. Any issue I had with the laptop their support would always tell me "reinstall windows" and leave it at that.

wat du u meen gatwey iz da best brand of cpu

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

13 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

Logitech

That is unfortunate, I've had the opposite experience with them

13 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

Megablocks

This is really funny this one I can relate to. They always felt cheap and unrefined to me

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Lacie portable harddrives. 

It broke, they 'fixed it', then it broke for good. 

HP digital cameras (although they dont make those anymore)

Cheap HP printers

Also any cheap peripherals ($5 mouse etc) or any cheap crap anything. You usually get what you.pay for. 

Other than that, I dont know, im usually pretty happy with the tech I buy, but I usually do thorough research before I buy anything. 

12 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Which model may I ask? And what didn't you like about it? The keyboard is the biggest complaint that I hear from people, but I have my own opinions on people who say that. 

Nobody is going to "come at you"

He did mention we're sheep, and they are generally nice, fluffy, and non threatening. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

He did mention we're sheep, and they are generally nice, fluffy, and non threatening. 

Hahah

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I just want people to love using their computers, but some turn their nose at Apple because its Apple. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Oh, a few more to add to the list:

• Fry's for anything computer hardware related. The problem is while their return policy is great, that's their problem. When I want to go source hardware, I have to scuffle through the open boxes (which are not clearly labeled as such, the only indication is they have a reduced price). They also on more than one occasion sold me an open box product as new.
  • GameStop, because Best Buy's gamer's club is superior. Plus they make their "associates" give a 5 minute sales pitch on preorders and their rewards cards at checkout before they finally ring you up.

Well you could always turn off Steam Guard. And how would it know it's on someone else's network when everyone else's home network is practically 192.168.1.0/24?

Gamestop is mostly terrible, but I do buy PS3 games I can't find on the Playstation Store there sometimes and occasionally they run some promotions that can be exploited. For instance, a little more than a month ago they had two promotions that allowed me to essentially sell them my physical copy of Nioh for PS4 and pay them $1.10 in exchange for $84 in Playstation Store credit, which was a huge bargain considering I only paid $36 new for Nioh (and I'll probably re-buy it when it's $20 in November). You could have actually used that same promotion I used with Nioh to get a Switch + Zelda + Pro Controller bundle and about $30 of Gamestop store credit for like $245 out of pocket by using that $245 to buy select games on sale from Best Buy, Target, and Wal Mart and then sell back to Gamestop as used. For instance, Best Buy had Plants Vs Zombies 2 for $20 new, which you could then sell used to Gamestop for $48 store credit as part of that promotion.

11 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

I have a spreadsheet for this. Haven't updated it in a while, though

Hide contents

Acer
Acme
Activ
Apple
ASRock
B-MOVE
Canyon
Cougar
E-Blue
Elixir
Excelram
Geil
Gembird

Goodram

Hama
Integral
Intenso
Jizz
Kingmax
Konami
Lacie
Marvo
Modecom
Mushkin
Natec
Newmen
Nintendo
Razer
Redragon
RPC
Sega
Silicon-Power
SkyDigital
Somic
Sparkle
Speedlink
Team Scorpion
TeamGroup
Tesoro
Thermaltake
Tracer
Transcend
Tritton
Tt eSports
Turtle beach
Zeppelin

Canyon. As in Canyon bikes?

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I just want people to love using their computers, but some turn their nose at Apple because its Apple. 

Yup. Just like I used to turn my nose up at Microsoft. I respect Win10 now that I'm used to it, but it still has more bugs than my Mac. 

Main PC 

Kingston flash drives 

8 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Reveal hidden contents

@DrMacintosh  Another friendly reminder: stop defending apple here... you are in the wrong neighbourhood... 

Note: read that name again... 

Main PC 

Just now, AUniqueName said:

Kingston flash drives 

:| I just got 3... 

Main PC