Am I weird for wanting to meet Linus?

lexidobe

I think it would be awesome to get to meet Linus in person, maybe eat lunch with him and his wonderful team or something. He seems like such a positive, friendly guy that I would like to meet. He is definitely very smart and good with computers. Is it weird that I would like to meet him?

I think some people here want to smell his sandals. You are a little more on the tame side. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

So weird. Why can't you want to have his babies like a normal person?

Wait, I'm thinking Ray Narvaez Jr.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Also for me and tech stuff it's more Wendell from Level 1. I don't even drink and I'd want to grab a beer with him. Feel like I'd learn a lot from him after pumping him with booze and m&ms. I think if I were to meet Linus I wouldn't want to discuss tech stuff with him. Seems like a fun guy but I wouldn't want to throw work in his face. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, lexidobe said:

Is it weird that I would like to meet him?

Yes

I would prefer playing PUBG with Luke. 
Or hang out with him in a bar.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

10 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I think some people here want to smell his sandals. You are a little more on the tame side. 

Ugh! I just want to live in them!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

11 minutes ago, yathis said:

Doubt they drink much Denis

Yeah, Luke said that he doesn't drink on one of the WAN show episodes. Still would like to drink something with him(even non-achohol).

Sorry for bad Ingrish

Nerds tend not to like to go outside or hit the pub, so they tend not to drink at all really.

1 minute ago, Denis Rakhmanov said:

Yeah, Luke said that he doesn't drink on one of the WAN show episodes. Still would like to drink something with him(even non-achohol).

12 hours ago, lexidobe said:

Is it weird that I would like to meet him?

Of course it's not weird to want to meet one's god.

- Hallowed are the followers of Linus

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

13 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Of course it's not weird to want to meet one's god.

"Hey, we can make a religion out of this"

8 minutes ago, _RYZE_ said:

"Hey, we can make a religion out of this"

I already did.

Rejoice at the benevolence of our lord Linus for he provides us with this wonderful forum where we may come and prostrate ourselves in worship of his most radiant divine glory.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

18 minutes ago, _RYZE_ said:

Hey, we can make a religion out of this

That escalated quickly

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

5 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

I already did.

Rejoice at the benevolence of our lord Linus for he provides us with this wonderful forum where we may come and prostrate ourselves in worship of his most radiant divine glory.

Those who does not followeth the divine religion of linus-ism shalt burneth in windows 98, for all of eternity.

5 minutes ago, yathis said:

Linus should get another piercing, perhaps the nose.

His nose? Seriously... is that the best that you can do? O.o

2 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

His nose? Seriously... is that the best that you can do? O.o

You saying his privates?

Maybe they are already pierced.

Who's to say if his nipples are pierced.

For a man to have both ears pierced some 4 or 5 times on each ear is quite amazing.

I am waiting for Linus to do Amazon Loops.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

You saying his privates?

Maybe they are already pierced.

Who's to say if his nipples are pierced.

I dare you to tag him and request comment xD

Just now, Nuluvius said:

I dare you to tag him and request comment xD

Oh I know he reads this.

1 hour ago, VenomZ_ said:

shits out content like a motherfucker

Yeah you nailed the stud earring on its head. Where does he find the time to eat and drink?

Oh wait......... on the WAN show.