Problem with installing Windows

Rotendahl

Hey guys

I am having an issue with installing windows on a PC i build. I have build 4 of them, with the same excact parts, and 3 of them worked just fine. My issue comes when I am in the screen i attached as a picture, it is different how far it reaches, but at some point it shuts of, and won't boot untill i pull the 24 pin out, and put it in again. It does not shut down in the BIOS after about the same amount of time. It detects my NVMe SSD and ram correctly, and the CPU temp is at about 35 degrees. I created the USB install medie (used Microsofts own tool) again, with no luck, but it did work on another PC with the same parts both before and after i did it on this.

Do anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Build:

Case and PSU: Fractal node 202 with SFX PSU 450W

SSD: Samsung 960 evo 250 gb

CPU: Intel i3 7100

Ram: Corsair valueselect 8 gb ram single channel

MOBO: MSI B250i gaming pro AC

Thank you for your time.

windowsinstallerscreen.png

Sometimes power supplies can do some strange things to a computer. If you happen to have an extra PSU laying around, I would recommend trying that (if it is of at least the correct wattage).

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

Regardless if it works or not, Windows 7 does not support your CPU. It is too new. You need Windows 10.

41 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Regardless if it works or not, Windows 7 does not support your CPU. It is too new. You need Windows 10.

Microsoft wrote an update preventing kabylake and maybe even skylake from installing windows 7, and 8. 

15 minutes ago, fpo said:

Microsoft wrote an update preventing kabylake and maybe even skylake from installing windows 7, and 8. 

Correct, but even without the update, some CPU functionality don't work without Windows 10

Sorry I am a bit late on the reply. I have had to put that down untill today, because of a busy schedule. I am trying to install Windows 10, I got the wrong picture, tried with a different PSU, and i still have the issue :/

Update through my blood sweet and tears i saw that the EZ Debug LEDs was lighting up. The first light from the top to be exact. I looked it up in the manual for the motherboard, at it means CPU not detected. I have tried with a different CPU (of the same model) which yielded the same result. The issue switches between not being able to POST with the debug light lighting up, to sometimes wanting to go into the installer and shutting of while in the "Expanding Windows Files" section at different percentage each time. The only differens I am making is unplugging and plugging the 24 pin connecter in (otherwise it wont boot at all) and changing what slot I have the single ram stick in. It dosen't appear that the ram slot has any effect on which issue is happning since both issues have accured with either ram slot being occupied, as well as I have tried to put two sticks in (the same model and size off course) and both issues still happen about equal.

At this point 2 of the 5 PC's work without any issues and have been for about a week now. 3 of them have the issue(s) I am describing.

I am trying to be as specific as I can hoping that it might mean something to someone smarter than me.