nicklmg

The TINIEST Nvidia SLI Setup EVER?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Buy Nvidia video cards on Amazon: http://geni.us/K3qCaf

These may be the coolest USB sticks we've ever seen... but can you amplify their performance by "SLIing" them like you can with their GPU lookalikes?

+1 for macs

PC Specs: i7 6EiGht00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GTX1080 Zotac Amp ExTrEme),64Gb DOminator PlatinUm, EVGA G2 seven5zeroWatt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGTX, Windows 10, K70 RGB, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus PG279Q 

Just keeping this here as a backup 980tiZotacStockBIOS.zip☻♥■∞{╚§XÅD{┘Æ╩mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦

Incoming rage. I don't mind that the LTT group is using thumbnails and titles to gain more new viewers, and it's a real grey zone as to what's acceptable vs what brings more profit...
 For honesty's sake though, I think the title should've had a "-With Thumbdrives"  or something similar tacked on at the end to quell some of the clickbait rage.
Very misleading video name, but it was still entertaining all the same.

Current Rig:

Spoiler

CPUi7 3770k @ 4.7Ghz, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D14, Motherboard: Asus z77 Sabertooth, GPU: GTX 680 Gigabyte SOC,  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 16gb DDR3,  PSU: Corsair 750w, bronze80+ Tower: Fractal Define C Storage: Samsung 840PRO 256gb SSD / Samsung 840 Evo 1TB  SSD / Seagate 2TB HDD, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma, Mouse: Logitech G600, Headset: Sennheiser 363d 7.1 surround, Microphone: Blue Yeti, Monitors: BenQ XL2420z 144hz 24'' 1080p / BenQ Eco 60hz 24'' 1080p

14 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I sense a flood of dislikes incoming for this because of that title.

it is strangely enough not a hugely bad ratio, the salt in the youtube comments tho.. :P

also, their past "oh this is totally going to dislike hell" videos started to go up in ratio after like.. the inital wave of salt.

Wow, those speeds...  Are these things even USB 3.0? Even my own Samsung drive, criticized for middling performance, performs more than 3x as fast as SLI these things. 

Points for the Mac though. Software RAID, just works. Loved the video though, as pointless and amusing as Skyrim videos on YouTube. 

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Forever in search of my reason to exist.

I find it hilarious that MacOS was able to do it but Windows wasn't xD 

Laptop: 2016 MacBook Pro Core i5, Iris 540 iGPU, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM | Phone: iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 CPU: i5 4690k | Mobo: Gigabyte Z97-N WI-FI | RAM: 8GB Ballistix Sport | GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB | Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1920x1080p @60Hz, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1920x1080p @60Hz, Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1280x1024 @60Hz | Cooling: Corsair H55 AiO | Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

I've gotta say, this video sure wreaks of a "we have no idea for a video..." moment.

The thumb drives are neat though. Too bad they're not in production.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Wow, those speeds...  Are these things even USB 3.0? Even my own Samsung drive, criticized for middling performance, performs more than 3x as fast as SLI these things. 

Points for the Mac though. Software RAID, just works. Loved the video though, as pointless and amusing as Skyrim videos on YouTube. 

i'm sure they were more meant as a novelty than an actual funcional product, and making it the usual 8GB was below nvidia's standards :P they look more bulky than they'd ideally be as well.

as for software raid, windows server can do that for you as well, but M$ disabled that for us plebs :D

and here I was expecting to see some SFF PC case designed to fit like 2 Zotac Mini's is SLI or some DIY shit to fit 2 SLI Mini's (or whatever the physically smallest SLI capable card from any generation) crammed into a small case.

oh well guess it's all clickbait now.

...That's not an SLI setup, that's a RAID setup.

I mean, come on, WTF.

I expected a small case with an m-atx motherboard and like 2 1-slot 1070's or something but nope! Totally not the case.

Usually i have to agree that the title isn't misleading when they release a bad video, but this time the title is just clearly wrong.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

those are slow-ass USB sticks. 5MB/s writes belong in 2010

>>> QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING <<

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain.

If I'm Wrong, Please Point It Out. I'm Open To Criticism and Learning New Things. I Won't Bite.

Important Links

|→ PC Troubleshooting ←|→ Memory Overclocking Guide ← | → PSU Tier List ←| → SSD Tier List ←|

Less Important Links

|→ RX 480 VS GTX 1060 ←|→ You Probably Don't Need A Big PSU ←|  

↓ - My System Build - ↓

Spoiler

CPU: (Delidded) Core I7 4770K @3.5Ghz (OC incoming..)

GPU: GTX 1070 @2+Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

RAM: Ballistix DDR3 OC'ed to 2000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Storage: 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X With 5 RGB Fans

Peripherals:

• Corsair K95 RGB MX Brown
  • Corsair Glaive RGB
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger

↓ - My Laptop, If Anyone Happens To Care - ↓

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4

"PC cosmetics and RGB are in some situations more important than The performance of the PC itself"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Absolutely no banter i this thread unfortunately.

"hur hur those aren't gpus you can't call it sli"

Calm down kids. It's just a bit of fun. 

Intel Core i7 5820K 4.7GHz 1.28V | Watercool MO-RA3 420 LC | ASUS RVE | Trident Z 3200MHz 4x4GB | GTX 980 K|NGP|N 2-Way SLi

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Black 32GB | Exynos 8890 Octa | SanDisk Ultra 200GB SDXC

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Valley | Superposition

since nobody ever thinks to ask me about these things while they're making the video I'll just do it now

first result on google is toms hardware

and it points here

basically  windows thinks it's removable media, if you tell it that it isn't via bcdedit then any software raid solution works

there's other solutions I know of as well but this is probably one of the quickest and easiest for me instead of tracking down some specialty software

you're welcome linus

now please make a video with good usb 3 drives and do some insane multiple anker 10 port usb hubs filled with drives and make some mini server array and share the video

Spoiler

CPU: FX8350 O.C. @5.2ghz via H100i AIO Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX RAM: 32GB DDR3 Dominator Platinum PSU: AX860i GPU: R9Fury, R9FuryX Crossfire Case: BitFenix Ghost Display: Asus MG279Q ETC: Roccat Ryos MK Pro & Kone XTD keyboard&mouse, Asus bluetooth 4.0 adapter, Audio Technica AT2020 mic, Logitech c920 Cam Storage: 3x 250GB SSD's 840&850 Evo, 2x HGST 4TB, 4x Seagate Hybrid 4tb, 1x Seagate Hybrid 2TB, & some hot swap drives for different OS'

I was disappointed that the video mentions 8-bit guy's video, but doesn't mention - what is in my opinion a master piece in this topic - the video made by Sun engineers (from times before they were acquired by Oracle) to promote the ZFS file system.

They used 12 USB drives, which could be removed and reinserted in arbitrary order. Just search for CSI:Munich for the German version, but I swear there is somewhere the English version :).

What's the chances of getting a real tiniest Nvidia SLI setup ever video? Maybe with the ASRock X299 Mini-ITX Build with two GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 KATANA through PCI Express Bifurcation. Could even throw in a Corsair SFX600 PSU and throw it all into a custom built case!

To me this video was just annoying, not in the title, nor the fact that they made it, but more in the fact that the entire thing feels like a drawn out joke, and the product of this sort of slow, working through the problem even though they probably knew the solution already sort of thing doesn't work very well for this video because 8 - bit dude already made a video doing everything here better, and cooler, and the only thing LTT did special was throw in some stretched jokes about Macs, his intro, and SLI. 

I understand why this happened, but I don't like it. So, like a responsible adult, I didn't watch it.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD