13th Doctor is a Female!

asim1999

It has been revealed that the the thriteenth Doctor will be played by Jodie Whittaker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288

Your thoughts?

i think that it is a good idea but at the wrong time

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

1 minute ago, asim1999 said:

Your thoughts?

I was like WTF is this guy talking about. 13th doctor what?

I don't care about the show as I have never watched it.

11 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

Why is it the wrong time? Personally I'm a fan of the idea because she was good in Broadchurch and the new Showrunner wrote that show so they'll be used to working together (although I'm mostly glad that Moffat is finally gone, good riddance and hopefully he'll not be back anytime soon).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

Hmmm, is there going to be an explanation for how the Doctor switched gender?

I know that each Doctor is a reformed body.  So, how does the gender switch play into that?

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, asim1999 said:

It has been revealed that the the thriteenth Doctor will be played by Jodie Whittaker

Your thoughts?

When is a good time, exactly?

Not that you meant anything bad by it, but there is a pre-existing notion that having a woman take over a traditionally male role somehow requires a perfect set of conditions before it's acceptable.  Enough men have to be comfortable with the idea (though they'll never say what "enough" is).  The story has to be set up perfectly.  Saturn has to be in alignment with Venus while Mercury is in retrograde.  You get the idea!

The truth is that you sometimes just have to take action, ideal circumstances be damned.  I'd rather have a woman Doctor now than keep wondering whether we'll see one two years later or 20 years later.  The gender balance doesn't have to be perfect from here on out, but I'm glad they've at least opened the door to someone other than a white male.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

When is a good time, exactly?

Not that you meant anything bad by it, but there is a pre-existing notion that having a woman take over a traditionally male role somehow requires a perfect set of conditions before it's acceptable.  Enough men have to be comfortable with the idea (though they'll never say what "enough" is).  The story has to be set up perfectly.  Saturn has to be in alignment with Venus while Mercury is in retrograde.  You get the idea!

The truth is that you sometimes just have to take action, ideal circumstances be damned.  I'd rather have a woman Doctor now than keep wondering whether we'll see one two years later or 20 years later.  The gender balance doesn't have to be perfect from here on out, but I'm glad they've at least opened the door to someone other than a white male.

Here's what the outraged feminists about things like ghostbusters need to understand - nerds don't care as long as these conditions are met-

-The change isn't made specifically because of gender. 

-Stay away from drastic changes to existing characters

-Is the change good or made with respect for the content in mind? Or was it shoehorned in for the sake of change or even to 'improve' by retcon? (this applies to anything really, not just gender/race changes)

Seriously during that whole ghostbusters shit when the trailer was downvoted into oblivion, the like/dislike ratio for the new star wars was very good. The trailer looked good and like it wasn't pissing all over the fans. It was also done for the sake of gender "let's make it an all female cast", all while looking like a piss poor reboot. It would have gotten hate with a male cast, but without the people defending it and more importantly calling anyone who disliked it "misogynists", suddenly this change makes it free from deserved criticism. 

With star wars, the fans didn't get the impression that "IT'S STAR WARS BUT WITH GIRLS", and didn't feel like it was about to take a dump on their favorite movies from the childhood. (George Lucas did that already with the prequels.) In fact I didn't hear any disappointment about Rey until after the screening, and it was more about the move itself- ie her using the force suddenly with no training.  

In the case of doctor who, a show I seriously dislike the fanbase of, the doctor rotates so it doesn't seem like a drastic change for the sake of change. What will happen though is if the new doctor/season displeases that fanbase (that horrible fanbase), 'news' sites like vice and shit will treat them like 'angry gamergaters' and you know the whole spiel, because clearly they can't accept a female main character, not because any fault of the content being bad or anything. Then they'll cherrypick actual misonginist comments and paint the whole fanbases's disappointment with them

It's a self feeding outrage machine really, I feel like they do it on purpose in some cases. It certainly feels like Ghostbusters was a stunt that shit on the fans, and I don't even like the originals in the first place.  I think you're right that you just have to rip the bandage off and you don't have to wait until the 'perfect' moment, but I think it's more about how it's broadcast to the fans. Is it them coming out ahead of the outrage and preaching to the fans- "the new character is female, get over it, and if you don't like her you are a misogynist" or "here's our new character". Coming ahead and not making a big deal about it really does a lot in terms of simply treating the fans like they can handle it. Unfortunately this is only partly the studio/creators in cases like this, it's usually part up to who shit sites like vice take the news as well as general social media users. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It maybe seems a bit funny the new writer seemingly had a huge influence in the pick for the doctor, but that's really got nothing to do with being a woman.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I don't care. It will appease the cancer fanbase, especially the Tumblrites who watch the show, and will most likely flop, just like the show is beginning to do. After all, the show is getting less and less popular with each series. IF the BBC decide to push "MUH DIVERSITY" and don't put any effort into the writing of the new Doctor, it will kill off the show. And honestly, it wouldn't surprise me, it's the BBC after all. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

i was kinda hoping the ginger part would be next, but oh well, i'll give her a chance.

Nothing to see here, move along

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Here's what the outraged feminists about things like ghostbusters need to understand - nerds don't care as long as these conditions are met-

-The change isn't made specifically because of gender. 

-Stay away from drastic changes to existing characters

-Is the change good or made with respect for the content in mind? Or was it shoehorned in for the sake of change or even to 'improve' by retcon? (this applies to anything really, not just gender/race changes)

Seriously during that whole ghostbusters shit when the trailer was downvoted into oblivion, the like/dislike ratio for the new star wars was very good. The trailer looked good and like it wasn't pissing all over the fans. It was also done for the sake of gender "let's make it an all female cast", all while looking like a piss poor reboot. It would have gotten hate with a male cast, but without the people defending it and more importantly calling anyone who disliked it "misogynists", suddenly this change makes it free from deserved criticism. 

With star wars, the fans didn't get the impression that "IT'S STAR WARS BUT WITH GIRLS", and didn't feel like it was about to take a dump on their favorite movies from the childhood. (George Lucas did that already with the prequels.) In fact I didn't hear any disappointment about Rey until after the screening, and it was more about the move itself- ie her using the force suddenly with no training.  

In the case of doctor who, a show I seriously dislike the fanbase of, the doctor rotates so it doesn't seem like a drastic change for the sake of change. What will happen though is if the new doctor/season displeases that fanbase (that horrible fanbase), 'news' sites like vice and shit will treat them like 'angry gamergaters' and you know the whole spiel, because clearly they can't accept a female main character, not because any fault of the content being bad or anything. Then they'll cherrypick actual misonginist comments and paint the whole fanbases's disappointment with them

It's a self feeding outrage machine really, I feel like they do it on purpose in some cases. It certainly feels like Ghostbusters was a stunt that shit on the fans, and I don't even like the originals in the first place.  I think you're right that you just have to rip the bandage off and you don't have to wait until the 'perfect' moment, but I think it's more about how it's broadcast to the fans. Is it them coming out ahead of the outrage and preaching to the fans- "the new character is female, get over it, and if you don't like her you are a misogynist" or "here's our new character". Coming ahead and not making a big deal about it really does a lot in terms of simply treating the fans like they can handle it. Unfortunately this is only partly the studio/creators in cases like this, it's usually part up to who shit sites like vice take the news as well as general social media users. 

See, I don't think it's necessarily a problem to change gender for its own sake -- so long as that's not the only thing you're leaning on.  I actually don't believe the new Ghostbusters relied only on that, and I generally liked it because I'm a fan of Paul Feig's approach to dialogue (see Spy for an example) and characterizations.  Some of the criticism was legitimate, but there were definitely plenty of "how dare you replace my favourite characters with... with... women!" outbursts.  And the funny thing is that you're kinda right about The Force Awakens, but it's also clear that Rey exists to provide a role model for women in the Star Wars universe (see: her swatting away Finn's attempts to hand-hold her while they're running for their lives).

The issue, I think, is that a lot of male fantasy/sci-fi fans are more likely to treat character gender as a sacred cow than women.  Where women are used to being limited to sidekicks and love interests, men are the stars most of the time.  They're so used to seeing themselves represented on screen that they expect it, and it's a shock when they're not.

And while there's certainly the risk of overstating the sexist outrage versus critical outrage, I'd say the problem is simply that the sexist outrage exists in any significant volume in the first place.  I'm not going to knock outlets like Vice for pointing out that it exists so long as they don't mischaracterize the scale of that indignation.  After all, one of the points of news is to shine a light on the dark corners of humanity, and that includes sexism among TV viewers.

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

Hmmm, is there going to be an explanation for how the Doctor switched gender?

I know that each Doctor is a reformed body.  So, how does the gender switch play into that?

gender switch is just something that can happen, as they are not humans but humanoids from Gallifrey. There was an episode in season 10 where the Doctor explained to Bill Potts the gender stuff, including, if I remember correctly, that all Time Lords can change gender with regeneration and that it is just a normal thing (as can be seen with the Master/Missy)

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

20 minutes ago, Commodus said:

See, I don't think it's necessarily a problem to change gender for its own sake -- so long as that's not the only thing you're leaning on.  I actually don't think the new Ghostbusters relied only on that, and I generally liked it because I'm a fan of Paul Feig's approach to dialogue (see Spy for an example) and the characterizations.  Some of the criticism was legitimate, but there were definitely plenty of "how dare you replace my favourite characters with... with... women!" outbursts.  And the funny thing is that you're kinda right about The Force Awakens, but it's also clear that Rey exists to provide a role model for women in the Star Wars universe (see: her swatting away Finn's attempts to hand-hold her while they're running for their lives).

The issue, I think, is that a lot of male fantasy/sci-fi fans are more likely to treat character gender as a sacred cow than women.  Where women are used to being limited to sidekicks and love interests, men are the stars most of the time.  They're so used to seeing themselves represented on screen that they expect it, and it's a shock when they're not.

And while there's certainly the risk of overstating the sexist outrage versus critical outrage, I'd say the problem is simply that the sexist outrage exists in any significant volume in the first place.  I'm not going to knock outlets like Vice for pointing out that it exists so long as they don't mischaracterize the scale of that indignation.  After all, one of the points of news is to shine a light on the dark corners of humanity, and that includes sexism among TV viewers.

I really think the media like vice takes a minority and gives them a voice, as well as sympathizers. Fans don't like to be morally preached to, and they jump to defense of these things. The outrage over ghostbusters was far bigger than their actual fanbase. 

And I just remembered with Star Wars, I think even those who normally hate something because it features a female in their favorite thing were like "Well a black man and a woman, they're making this all diverse for the sake of it. Still can't be worse than the prequels. I'll give it a chance." And they did and liked it. 

Also I agree the role model hting is big with star wars, it spans many generations with its fans, and many fans have kids, even grandkids that like it. I think people that liked it as a kid are happy that their daughters can relate more, maybe dress as Rey for Halloween or something. Parents love sharing interest with their kids, and it pushes merchandise. I kid you not, I think this might have a large part to do with why Finn fought Kylo Ren (specifically with the lightsaber). This movie may be the reintroduciton to a new generation of kids, and having a male character as well is big for more kids buying toy lightsabers and stuff. They want to be Finn or Rey, and Finn serves the role for boys who want to be 'boys' and same with Rey. And Finn is really the first black star wars character. It normally wouldn't matter much but with kids, it's so much easier to imagine themselves as a character they kinda look like, gender and race. What did you before? Lando? Mace windu? Lol kids don't want to be side characters, and they want to be the ones with the cool lightsabers and beat each other upside the head with colorful toys. So Finn used the light saber

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

3 hours ago, asim1999 said:

Your thoughts?

i had fingers crossed for craig fergunson as doctor

was hoping to see a tv series of the lady companions on the resteraunt tardis(the ladies of time)

have doc and ladies have some co op episodes

Don't give a shit.

I actually went back mentally to all my favorite franchises and concluded that I wouldn't give a shit if any protagonist, antagonist or cast member was reassigned gender.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oh look a show that was doing a mediocre job in the ratings suddenly pulls something controversial in order to get views AND if it still tanks they can blame the fans for their misogyny instead of the poor writing >.>

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

And the funny thing is that you're kinda right about The Force Awakens, but it's also clear that Rey exists to provide a role model for women in the Star Wars universe (see: her swatting away Finn's attempts to hand-hold her while they're running for their lives).

It's not bringing anything that Leia wasn't already providing, though.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

And while there's certainly the risk of overstating the sexist outrage versus critical outrage, I'd say the problem is simply that the sexist outrage exists in any significant volume in the first place.  I'm not going to knock outlets like Vice for pointing out that it exists so long as they don't mischaracterize the scale of that indignation.  

I would take in one step further: I'm not going to have a take on the media coverage about something, or the media coverage about the reaction to the media coverage of something :P

I think many people engage in a sort of circular behavior, in which they burn a lot of time and energy in discussions about how something should be viewed (it applies to misogyny accusations, but also to pointless "ranks", "is this the greatest movie in history", "is this one of the top ten TV shows ever", "this album was 'too commercial'", etc). I mean, you get the thing, you like or dislike it, and that's what matter. Why would one care about what others say about it, and purposefully check media outlets to see if someone dared to disagree with me? It's like you spend 2 hours watching a movie and two years outraged at those heretics claiming the movie was racist or whatever... :P 

2 hours ago, Seithon said:

Oh look a show that was doing a mediocre job in the ratings suddenly pulls something controversial in order to get views AND if it still tanks they can blame the fans for their misogyny instead of the poor writing >.>

Because Doctor Who most certainly does not have a history of 'killing' The Doctor and having him 'Regenerate' by replacing the actor to 'mix thing's up'.  And they most certainly haven't done that twelve freaking times already.

13 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

It's not bringing anything that Leia wasn't already providing, though.

Ah, but it is!  Leia was always a central character, but she was never going to be a Jedi (being Force-aware isn't the same thing).  Now, there's a whole legion of girls that realize it's okay for them to wield a lightsaber.  To tie it back to Doctor Who: in both cases, it's about telling women that they can be the hero of the story, with all the cool powers.

As usual i've never heard of the person who is going to be the next doctor; so i will take it as i did with all previous iterations.

That being said i am curious if they will start having more male companions than female now.

Whittaker, 35, said it was "overwhelming, as a feminist" to become the next Doctor.

Oh sod off.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

You know what? I don't mind the gender/ethnicity of the actor/actress.

What really pisses me off though is when some Feminazi points out the doctor has always been a white male and that the next one NEEDS to be a woman. NO IT DOESN'T. When you force "equality" like this you end up with crap like the ghostbusters remake, feminists are you proud of that 1?? Open the role to everyone and hire the best actor that applies regardless of race/gender and hey if that's a white man then better luck next time. IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD CAST A NON WHITE MALE BY DEFAULT.

Ofc I like the show and i'll still watch to give her a chance but I just have a feeling it will be shit because forced "equality" like this always is.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

You know what? I don't mind the gender/ethnicity of the actor/actress.

What really pisses me off though is when some Feminazi points out the doctor has always been a white male and that the next one NEEDS to be a woman. NO IT DOESN'T. When you force "equality" like this you end up with crap like the ghostbusters remake, feminists are you proud of that 1??

Yeah, uhh, it's not 'forced equality' when you've done the same thing the last 12 times and this time you're like 'let's mix it up.  If every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday and one Tuesday you're like 'Screw it, let's pick something that totally isn't taco's this Tuesday' you're not 'forcing diversity in meal options' you're just tired of doing Tacos every week.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Yeah, uhh, it's not 'forced equality' when you've done the same thing the last 12 times and this time you're like 'let's mix it up.  If every Tuesday is Taco Tuesday and one Tuesday you're like 'Screw it, let's pick something that totally isn't taco's this Tuesday' you're not 'forcing diversity in meal options' you're just tired of doing Tacos every week.

You've missed the point. I don't mind at all as long as they are the best for the role. It is forced because this year they went in with the mindset that it MUST be a woman. Therefore they automatically discounted ALL male applicants even if they were better. Which is a recipe for shit.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

You've missed the point. I don't mind at all as long as they are the best for the role. It is forced because this year they went in with the mindset that it MUST be a woman. Therefore they automatically discounted ALL male applicants even if they were better. Which is a recipe for shit.

I think that it is adorable that you believe that television casting is based purely on merit rather than what is often a long lost of prerequisites, often including general appearance, hair color/type, body type, age, race, gender, height.  You should look at a casting sheet some day.