Mobo high start vs mid end

which mobo should i pick?

Sli plus x370

k4 x370 asrock

Gaming pro carbon b350

im seeking low budget and good vrm and space for upgrade

Do you plan on overclocking? Also what CPU will you use?

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Just now, R3ep3r said:

Do you plan on overclocking? Also what CPU will you use?

1600 ryzen intend to oc later

1 minute ago, Necrodor21 said:

1600 ryzen intend to oc later

B350 is going to do you fine.

8 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

B350 is going to do you fine.

should i go for pro carbon or tomahawk?

Dont wnna touch asus plus

It seems ugly

2 minutes ago, Necrodor21 said:

should i go for pro carbon or tomahawk?

Dont wnna touch asus plus

It seems ugly

Tomahawk, arctic version if you can fit that in any way lol.

4 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

Tomahawk, arctic version if you can fit that in any way lol.

YMMV but I built a system for a friend with the Tomahawk and thought it had a terrible BIOS.  Clunky, ugly, and annoying.  However, they did at least finally come out with an updated BIOS for the board with AGESA 1.0.0.6.  Not sure if MSI uses the same BIOS style on all its new boards.  My Asrock X370 Taichi was significantly cleaner.

Also, the Tomahawk only has 4 SATA ports....which is poo.  Then again, if that's all you need...

Just now, PineyCreek said:

YMMV but I built a system for a friend with the Tomahawk and thought it had a terrible BIOS.  Clunky, ugly, and annoying.  However, they did at least finally come out with an updated BIOS for the board with AGESA 1.0.0.6.  Not sure if MSI uses the same BIOS style on all its new boards.  My Asrock X370 Taichi was significantly cleaner.

I'm using the gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5, and I know some of the B350 boards use the same BIOS layout if he wants to give those a try. I've used the BIOS in a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 before, and it was pretty good.

34 minutes ago, Necrodor21 said:

which mobo should i pick?

Sli plus x370

k4 x370 asrock

Gaming pro carbon b350

im seeking low budget and good vrm and space for upgrade

One of my suggestions for you sounds exactly like this: Pick what you like the most. But first make sure you got some of the future technologies(mainly nowadays technology but w/e) First of all check for 3.1 type C. Your mobo should have at least one port. Then look for M2 slots. Same as the typeC. At least one port for M2 SSD. The rest is all your choice. At least that's what I look into when looking for a motherboard. The same goes for the GPU, Monitor etc.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

The K4 has to best VRM so that's what I'd go for if you can afford them all but you might be able to get a B350 board and a R7 1700 instead of the 1600 and the K4

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

-double post please remove/ignore-

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

The K4 has to best VRM so that's what I'd go for if you can afford them all but you might be able to get a B350 board and a R7 1700 instead of the 1600 and the K4

actually k4 cheaper than b350 pro carbon at my country

1 hour ago, Necrodor21 said:

actually k4 cheaper than b350 pro carbon at my country

then id get it, its a good board if im not remembering something totaly wrong here lol

Builds:

Spoiler