What year was this PC built?

Go to solution Solved by PineyCreek,

I had an i7-950.  First gen i7, bought in 2010.  You're looking around 2010.  i7-860 came out late 09.

http://ark.intel.com/products/41316/Intel-Core-i7-860-Processor-8M-Cache-2_80-GHz

I cant tell you the the year he built it, but the CPU came out at the end of 2009 (Q3) so I would assume around 2010. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

2 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

I had an i7-950.  First gen i7, bought in 2010.  You're looking around 2010.  i7-860 came out late 09.

http://ark.intel.com/products/41316/Intel-Core-i7-860-Processor-8M-Cache-2_80-GHz

3 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

I cant tell you the the year he built it, but the CPU came out at the end of 2009 (Q3) so I would assume around 2010. 

I think this as well since I think that the gpu was released around 2010 as well. Its kind of crazy because this pc can still hold up pretty well. Well at least for my needs as of now.

1 minute ago, I7-860 said:

I think this as well since I think that the gpu was released around 2010 as well. Its kind of crazy because this pc can still hold up pretty well. Well at least for my needs as of now.

Definitely.  I just recently built a new system but my old system has the i7-950 and a GTX 770 GPU, and it plays many things just fine.  I'm going to use it as a media and gaming PC connected to my TV.

3 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Definitely.  I just recently built a new system but my old system has the i7-950 and a GTX 770 GPU, and it plays many things just fine.  I'm going to use it as a media and gaming PC connected to my TV.

What are the specs of your new system?

12 minutes ago, I7-860 said:

Yeah, older stuff still works surprisingly well, despite what people with great hardware will tell you. My Q6600/Radeon 6850 combo wrecks all the games I need it to play.

next to impossible to say for certain, parts are available for purchase for years after they come out (like you can still find NEW FX6300 CPU's and those things are like 5 years old), if you've NEVER reinstalled Windows you could in theory go to add/remove programs and sort by installed date and look for the oldest date in there, but if Windows has ever been reinstalled that won't be accurate.