losyav

Do you think we can now say goodbye to Denuvo ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

A lot of old and new Denuvo games cracked by CPU but Denuvo was able to fix its proplems with a new Denuvo version but now with steampunks (the software is protected by vmprotect) which give you a real license and makes Denuvo think you are a real owner of the game I think we can say goodbye to Denuvo . Now all Denuvo games even Fifa 17 cracked . I don't support piracy but Denuvo is a performance destroyer .

5 minutes ago, losyav said:

A lot of old and new Denuvo games cracked by CPU but Denuvo was able to fix its proplems with a new Denuvo version but now with steampunks (the software is protected by vmprotect) which give you a real license and makes Denuvo think you are a real owner of the game I think we can say goodbye to Denuvo . Now all Denuvo games even Fifa 17 cracked . I don't support piracy but Denuvo is a performance destroyer .

Denuvo doesn't hurt performance at all if its implemented correctly, its when devs do stupid things with it performance gets affected.

Spoiler

Main Rig:-

I7 6700K @ 4.8Ghz | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Samsung SM951 512GB NVMe | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Full Alphacool Custom Water Loop | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | Corsair AX760I | Fractal Define XL R2.0 | Acer XB280HK 4K G Sync | Pioneer BDR-209EBK BDXL | Windows 10 Pro X64/MacOS 10.12.3 Sierra dual boot |

Spoiler

NAS/File Server/DNLA Server:-

I3 6100 | MSI H110 Pro-VD | 8GB Corsair Value 2400Mhz | Sandisk Ultra Plus 120GB SSD | 2 x WD Caviar Red 4TB RAID0 | Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | FSP 400w PSU | Aerocool Silent Cube White mATX | Windows Server 2012 R2 |

I dont really think that DRM with games is very effective, if anything it only makes it worse if done poorly. I take Gabe newell's stance on this, Privacy is really a service issue, "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem". "If a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

I've really yet to experience this loss of performance with Denuvo. Especially as @Master Disaster said: if implemented correctly, it has little impact on performance. And the technology Denuvo used isn't even that new. Insomniac used the same idea to deter piracy with Spyro 3 on the PlayStation.

If you're going to make the ridiculous claim that Denuvo kills performance, you need to back it up. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU XFX GTR RX 480 Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G400 + G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I don't think simply cracking Denuvo is ever going to actually cause the industry to abandon it by itself. I don't think anyone was ever under the illusion that Denuvo was uncrackable to begin with, just that it was one of the better solutions available. As long as Denuvo is agile, and able to continue evolving faster than the other solutions publishers could use instead, I think they're going to be just fine. Remember the point of DRM is never to make an uncrackable game, just to stave off the pirates for a few weeks or months so the launch sales are left alone.

I personally could not care less whether Denuvo sticks around or not. I have never seen it get in the way of me playing a game. Besides, DRM-free is not likely to become an option regardless. If they gave up using Denuvo they'd just find something else, and I think it's more likely it would be something worse, not better.

Most denuvo games are only published by AAA publisher so I don't think it will go away at least not soon.

They already made a deal with each company, if it's not denuvo it's will be something else either way.

While most people think steam as a form of DRM, I think it as a service, since I can always run my game with or without internet connection anyway.

Any DRM at this point beating a dead beat horse, I still don't understand why companies spend their money for something that will never works.

Sometimes I even applaud to see someone defending the practices, DRM isn't cheap, and customer are the one who's paying for it, I welcome any price cut for any product, and if by not using Denuvo (or any DRM) can cut the prices even for a buck, I will consider that as a positive, at least both developer and customer will not have to worried about technical issues because of DRM isn't working properly.

As other mention about stalling piracy at launch, it just a statement to make shareholder happy.

Just Cause 3 launch sales is solid prove for that.

Just concentrate making a good game, and let market decide it.

Witcher 3 doesn't have any form of DRM even on steam and yet it still selling well.

7 hours ago, ivan134 said:

If you're going to make the ridiculous claim that Denuvo kills performance, you need to back it up. 

Denuvo No DRM
1080p OpenGL 98 104
1080p Vulkan 100 107
1440p OpenGL 72 72
1440p Vulkan 76 75

http://www.game-debate.com/news/22656/denuvo-pc-performance-impact-tested-doom-benchmarks-with-and-without-denuvo-drm

Test weren't fully conclusive. But I think it's evidence that it does affect performance in a negative way.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Every single DRM in the History of Gaming got cracked. Why do they even try anymore?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GameOne SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 1x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

8 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Every single DRM in the History of Gaming got cracked. Why do they even try anymore?

To be able to protect their precious 6 months sale period after release to rake in the money. After that either dropping the support or fling out lackluster DLC to rake in some more money. Because making some profit is considered a failure, you have to make ALL the profit. 

Intel i7-5820K, Asus X99 Sabertooth, EVGA 980Ti Classified, 16 GB Trident Z, EVGA GS 650,  NZXT x62 Kraken, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG and too many fans

On 17/07/2017 at 6:12 PM, Praesi said:

Every single day we get dirty, why bother bathing?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

10 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Every single day we get dirty, why bother bathing?

Try again.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GameOne SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 1x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The point of Denuvo is not to protect games from piracy till the end of times.
When a game comes out, there's a relatively short window when the most sales happen and this is when the game needs to be protected from piracy the most. The game gets cracked eventually, but usually at this point the loss of sales has been minimized or at least diminished enough for it to have been worth it. Also, at this point I would consider it a smart move to drop the protection completely, since pirates can get it now, but it would allow for modding, which can prolong the life of said game substantially plus they get to sell it on DRM-free platforms if they desire.

Doom (2016) is an example of a game that dropped Denuvo after it's been cracked. Maybe more games should do this.

edit: I just noticed my 1st point has already been mentioned earlier. I'm going to sleep now -_-