Aftermarket HD 5870 cooler?

Hi,

I am making a lan party pc from used items that I brought. So far I have a Asus P6T Deluxe v1 with a x5660. 

I got a HD 5870 for 30 bucks, so this was a great price / performance pick. I know it's a older card in fact one of the first DX 11 cards on the market back in the days. I used to have two of them in CF, so I know for the games I want to play (mostly older ones) that this one will be fine.

But the card I have is the reference amd 5870. It has the awful loud blower fan design and I was looking for a cooling solution. I only found this :

Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme III

Which costs more than the card itself ... (63 euro's here).

The other one I found is a: Gelid Solutions Rev. 2 ICY VISION (almost 40 euro).

Do others exist or is this really as low as it gets?

3 minutes ago, EsXi said:

Hi,

I am making a lan party pc from used items that I brought. So far I have a Asus P6T Deluxe v1 with a x5660. 

I got a HD 5870 for 30 bucks, so this was a great price / performance pick. I know it's a older card in fact one of the first DX 11 cards on the market back in the days. I used to have two of them in CF, so I know for the games I want to play (mostly older ones) that this one will be fine.

But the card I have is the reference amd 5870. It has the awful loud blower fan design and I was looking for a cooling solution. I only found this :

Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme III

Which costs more than the card itself ... (63 euro's here).

The other one I found is a: Gelid Solutions Rev. 2 ICY VISION (almost 40 euro).

Do others exist or is this really as low as it gets?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-Accelero-Twin-Turbo-VRM-Cooling/dp/B005FYCFG8/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500155983&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=aftermarket+gpu+cooler
twin turbo 2 costs about 33. I think arctic also have a lower end version which costs around 20 euro.
Edit : they do : https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-Accelero-Plus-VGA-Cooler/dp/B005I9IM4E/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1500156057&sr=8-8&keywords=gpu+cooler

3 minutes ago, david cassar said:

Thanks for your reply. I looked at it and on a local tech site in my country it sells both at the same price (almost the same!). But the Gelid Solutions ICY Vision Rev.2 has better reviews. I looked in the second hand market and there's one person selling his Gelid Solutions ICY Vision Rev.2 with a dead card. Maybe I can get it for a few bucks, I still have this thermal paste for those VRM blocks and VRAM so that should be no problem.

Btw the ARCTIC Accelero L2 Plus looks like one step back too far. the heatsink has no heatpipes and it's 100% aluminium. While the stock cooler has a copper core if I'm not wrong. Anyways thanks.