Best small tube res or res/pump combo (have a d5)

I got a D5 and need a res, it has a EK pump top on it now but I need a res and I'd prefer a combo.  

The heatkiller d5/res 100mm looks awesome but is a bit pricy (120 bucks) same with EKs option.  

Any general recommendations?  This will be in an inwin 301 btw.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

37 minutes ago, Damascus said:

--snip-

What are your priorities?

Looks, Price, Size

7 minutes ago, For Science! said:

What are your priorities?

Looks, Price, Size

Looks are a bonus, 100mm-170mm max.  

Price is like "I could spend $130 on a res but it doesn't effect performance so eh..."

I actually like the xspc xion but it's not really available in canada

@For Science! you think that would work with this guy?  Doesn't exactly seem universal lol150014901637423151378.thumb.jpg.1f384781e2e545c2a9cc5647156254a9.jpg

Also, @Enderman I just got a butt load of bitspower fittings, d5 vario, pumptop, raystorm block and primochill tubing for 200 CAD. ;) Who says you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on a custom loop?

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Also, @Enderman I just got a butt load of bitspower fittings, d5 vario, pumptop, raystorm block and primochill tubing for 200 CAD. ;) Who says you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on a custom loop?

I personally would never buy used watercooling parts, but good for you :) Make sure you flush it with fluid that contains biocide before using any of it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

-snip-

Not necessarily saying this is the one you should go for, but basically if you disassemble your pump top and take the D5 out, you can convert it into an alphacool one using these 2 products. Just laying down some non-canonical options. I mean, the res is tiny so filling you loop will be a pain in the ass, but if space is short, this may be the solution.

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/pumps/pump-tops/20215/alphacool-eisdecke-d5-aufsatz-black-acetal-g1/4-vpp755/vpp655/tpp644/mcp655-v.3?c=20569

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/reservoirs/pump-top-reservoirs/20214/alphacool-eisdecke-ddc/d5-ausgleichsbehaelter-einzeln-fuer-alphacool-eisdecke?c=20619

Look at the PDFs for more info

http://www.aquatuning.de/download/Eisdecke D5 Top.pdf

http://www.aquatuning.de/download/Eisdecke AGB_DDC+D5.pdf

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I personally would never buy used watercooling parts, but good for you :) Make sure you flush it with fluid that contains biocide before using any of it.

Yeah, the tubing is unused and came with 100ml of nice pc biocide :)

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Yeah, the tubing is unused and came with 100ml of nice pc biocide :)

Primochill tubing sucks tbh, get some mayhems tubing instead, it only costs a few bucks.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, For Science! said:

-snip-

Looking at the total price it's only another 20 bucks to get the insanely nice looking heatkiller pump/res or 20 bucks less for a 40ml bitspower res.  

Great find though, if I didn't have the pumptop already I'd consider it strongly.

Just now, Enderman said:

Primochill tubing sucks tbh, get some mayhems tubing instead, it only costs a few bucks.

Its a meh color so ill be replacing it anyways but I've been told by several ppl that primochill tubing is the way to go.  Any examples on why it's bad?

Its a meh color so ill be replacing it anyways but I've been told by several ppl that primochill tubing is the way to go.  Any examples on why it's bad?

The LRT tubing leeches plasticizer which is horrible.

Their other tubings may not leech but change colour over time and look bad.

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/02/05/extreme-rigs-soft-tubing-test/

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Oh look, a cry for help! @Whaler_99 @Mnpctech @W-L @0ld_Chicken

If your looking for a small pump res the one For science recommended will work as long as it's a D5 pump, XSPC also makes a mini pump res unit like this, their older version was even smaller similar to the Alphacool unit.

http://www.xs-pc.com/reservoirs/d5-tank-reservoir-v3

15 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The comparison you linked me to was actually somewhat supportive of the primochill tubes as they aren't supposed to be used with that coolant.

Also these are red colored not clear xD

25 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The comparison you linked me to was actually somewhat supportive of the primochill tubes as they aren't supposed to be used with that coolant.

7 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Red tubing is even worse... who would want that in their loop??

If it's the LRT tubing you shouldn't use it at all, many people have had plasticizer issues with it.

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Red tubing is even worse... who would want that in their loop??

If it's the LRT tubing you shouldn't use it at all, many people have had plasticizer issues with it.

Like I said, the color is meh and I'll be changing it out (like 5 bucks why not)  more or less just a freebie.

Like I said, the color is meh and I'll be changing it out (like 5 bucks why not)  more or less just a freebie.

Good, get mayhems tubing, or the EK ZMT stuff is also great.

Spoiler

Watercool's Heatkiller is my current favorite.  I really wanted to put one in my current build but couldn't justify the money when I have multiple working res on hand.  Looks amazing though

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

I'm getting the Aquacomputer Aqualis the next time I need a new res. Glass tube.

45401-2_600x600.jpg

15 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Watercool's Heatkiller is my current favorite.  I really wanted to put one in my current build but couldn't justify the money when I have multiple working res on hand.  Looks amazing though

Yup, it's just soooo nice.  Hard to justify but I may just go for it.  Do you know whether or not it has a 120mm fan mount?

2 minutes ago, dexT said:

I'm getting the Aquacomputer Aqualis the next time I need a new res. Glass tube.

If I'm going pricey glass I'm going with this guy - the heatkiller D5.  Modular, glass and gorgeousHK_Tube_D5_100_m.jpg.86992ddf9c70ea269c58203380c7bcd1.jpg

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Yup, it's just soooo nice.  Hard to justify but I may just go for it.  Do you know whether or not it has a 120mm fan mount?

If I'm going pricey glass I'm going with this guy - the heatkiller D5.  Modular, glass and gorgeousHK_Tube_D5_100_m.jpg.86992ddf9c70ea269c58203380c7bcd1.jpg

Yup 

If you buy straight from them I believe you can choose the regular or multiport top for free, which is a must have imo. Shipping is 30$ flatrate most places outside Germany

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Yup 

If you buy straight from them I believe you can choose the regular or multiport top for free, which is a must have imo. Shipping is 30$ flatrate most places outside Germany

I was planning on buying from dazmode but if that's the case I may rethink that.