How to make a custom keypad?

I was watching this video

And on 6:44 We can see a really cool and useful little keypad, that a guy did by himself. I think that'll besuper useful for people with super-small keyboards without macro keys and, maybe, video-editors. I found some resembling keypads, but they're priced like a whole cheap mechanical keayboard, but with only 8 keys .-.
I know where to buy switches and a plate, but how to do other stuff like programming and circuit (maybe?)

Screenshot_3.png

Sorry for my bad English

53 minutes ago, NeonGooRoo said:

I was watching this video

And on 6:44 We can see a really cool and useful little keypad, that a guy did by himself. I think that'll besuper useful for people with super-small keyboards without macro keys and, maybe, video-editors. I found some resembling keypads, but they're priced like a whole cheap mechanical keayboard, but with only 8 keys .-.
I know where to buy switches and a plate, but how to do other stuff like programming and circuit (maybe?)

Screenshot_3.png

Sorry for my bad English

r/MechanicalKeyboards

You can hand wire or design a PCB. The latter of the two is much harder. You just have to search up how to hand wire on r/MechanicalKeyboards. Then go to http://kbfirmware.com/. You need to learn a few things before you build it. Also, you need to understand soldering...

On the software side of things it's not that hard. I would be worried about building the actual thing, but you seem to be cool about it so...

• 2 weeks later...

You should check out /r/MechanicalKeyboards. There's a bunch of build guides and Q&A's about building custom keyboards on their wiki and throughout the sub in general.