Cheap LED case fan

maxicosi
Go to solution Solved by Salacious B Crum,

I have them on my 1600x build and they are nice and they are quiet. I don't have them on a controller but the case fan switch and they work fine, chose not to set them up on the fan headers yet wanted to see how they performed outside of the bios

Me again ;)

So I am soon going to buy the new masterbox lite 3.1 and I need a nice-looking led fan for the front acrylic panel. I've come to the conclusion that most (if not all) rgb fans need to be plugged into a fan controller, and I don't wanna buy such a thing if not necessary. So here's my question: which case fans are quiet, have red or rgb leds without the need of a fan hub and are around 10 to 25 euros? And which one would you recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

Btw my mobo is an Asus prime b250m-k.

I found a nice-looking red LED fan from Corsair, the AF120 LED quiet edition. Thoughts?

I have them on my 1600x build and they are nice and they are quiet. I don't have them on a controller but the case fan switch and they work fine, chose not to set them up on the fan headers yet wanted to see how they performed outside of the bios

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

40 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

Nice, thanks man!

Hey OP can you share some pics of the case when you're done? I'm thinking of going for it

2 hours ago, BazNaz said:

Hey OP can you share some pics of the case when you're done? I'm thinking of going for it

Sure thing! :) I've already ordered the parts, should arrive in a couple of days.

22 hours ago, maxicosi said:

Sure thing! :) I've already ordered the parts, should arrive in a couple of days.

Thank you :)

On 7/16/2017 at 8:43 PM, BazNaz said:

Thank you :)

The parts are inbound for tomorrow! Thursday I'll probably have the build done. I'll make a separate thread in build logs and @ you when I do.

Alright little update, the build is alive! The only problem is that I have 2 case fans and only one connector, so I'm gonna have to order a splitter. That should arrive tomorrow, so I'll make the thread then.

10 hours ago, maxicosi said:

Alright little update, the build is alive! The only problem is that I have 2 case fans and only one connector, so I'm gonna have to order a splitter. That should arrive tomorrow, so I'll make the thread then.

Can't wait! :)