APC (schneider Electric) and Mahavir Sys Power Lim Post Sales Review for APC 1500 Pro

Keystone Nyan Cat

I purchased a APC Pro 1500 in 2014- it's a fantastic product that worked flawlessly and safeguarded my computer against over 20 instances of bad power. Recently though- the battery started to give way and needed service, and that's where this nightmare begins.

In Mumbai, Mahavir Sys Power Limited handles all APC related services, whether you are in or out of warranty. Aside from changing prices by over 30% within hours on multiple occasions, they also misquote delivery and service times without followups as to changes they make, the servicemen who come by as much as 2 hours late don't pickup their phones, and over this, if their delivery or servieman doesn't come on the same day (once again, don't even tell you they are running late or cannot make it, and don't pickup their phones), they won't apologize, but tell (not ask, but tell you) to keep yourself free over the next two days instead of scheduling and keeping in tune with a specific time. To top it all off- when you call up Mahavir and ask for an update on their men, they will shout your personal information across their office for everyone to hear. I've already contacted APC about Mahavir, but even a months later, they are just as lapse.

Honestly- great product, terrible service. I'd avoid this brand like the plague (atleast in Maharashtra) until they can fix this.

Pasting my experience below which goes into the minute details in regards to my experience with Mahavir Sys Power Limited:

Horribly uncoordinated. To summarize- don't follow up on confirming or scheduling technician visits or anything for that matter, change prices by as much as 30% between calls, miscommunicate visiting hours, etc. Avoid and choose another company if possible.

Long version- I've got an BR1500G-IN from APC's Pro lineup and it's battery malfunctioned. After calling APC, I learnt Mahavir is an authorized distributor and service provider for APC, so I gave them a call. They told me an engineer will come to my house the next day and they'd give me a call sometime within the next hour to schedule a time. Three hours go by and nothing. After messaging Mr. Kiran, someone who's contact I got from APC, we scheduled at 9:30AM the next morning, with me given a quotation for Rs. 350 for inspection, and Rs. 2,000 for a spare battery.

The engineer comes, tests it, and tells me he will come the next day to replace the battery. Despite that, I try calling Mahavir to confirm this, but no one was willing to confirm this. After getting a hold of someone, I was told that the price was actually Rs. 2,500; and that the engineer would come before lunch the next day.

Well, the next day rolls around and no one shows up; with my messages to the engineer and Mahavir going unanswered. I call Mahavir post lunch, who tell me that the engineer would never have come anyways because it will take them a day or two to process my order (I'm the customer, I really don't care about this, give me when can I expect my product and stick to deadlines goddamit, I kept myself free based on what your representative told me). 

This is where it begins to really p*ss me off- they tell me, not ask but tell me, to keep myself vacant for the next two days as they cannot give me an exact deadline. Mind you, they wanted me to keep myself free on a Saturday, and Monday, which are holidays and workdays respectively rather than working around with a time with the customer.

So they cannot keep deadlines, prices, or even an ounce of consistency when dealing with customers. All while yelling your location and personal informations over the phone to coworkers and other customers to hear around their office. For a lack of a better word, I've never seen such abhorrently poor customer service in my life.

I'm contacting APC about this, and should there be another service provider/ distributor, I'll be sure to update this post with that information.

Update: on Thursday, I was told the technition would call me before 11:30 on the day he was coming. On Monday, I get a visit from a delivery boy without a prior appointment who delivers the battery, with me being told another person will come collect the money with a separate visit for installation. Even so, the battery they provided isn't rated to work with my unit, so so much so for being an "authorized service provider". Contacted them bringing this to their attention, will update as it goes on.

(The updates are copy-pasted from my review on another site where I was updating the story as it went on)

Update: Two weeks have gone by and the correct replacement battery has just been delivered with the incorrect one being picked up. They told me the reason it took so long is because they were getting fresh stock as their current batteries were sold out, but the condition of the box they are in would said so otherwise. They also increased their price for my "correct battery" by Rs. 700 despite assuring me that the prices will remain the same. The installation man who was supposed to come today evening called me and said he was going to be late and arrive no later than 8:30PM. It's 9:30PM and he hasn't even called to tell me he is going to be late; and now is telling me he will come the next morning (today) by 11:30PM. Well, it's 12:20PM and I get a call from Mahavir that he cannot make it, and that another technition will come and install the battery. Honestly, at this point, I can confidently say- avoid this company like the plague.

Edit- the boxes for the correct battery that were delivered that are made by APC unlike the first ones that were made by exide have been attached. Note the condition of the box, despite Mahavir assuring me that this is new stock.

tsNjOrG.jpg

uyH5nJN.jpg

cMReHiw.jpg

PC in Profile

Fu*k so unprofessional service. Hope the replacement battery works fine for you. I will see how is the service here in Chennai(I hope it's good.) Thanks posting this review.

My Rigs:

Spoiler

System 1:

Spoiler

Purpose: Gaming

OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 | Mobo: Asrock B150M Pro4 Hyper | GPU: MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G | Storage: 120GB SSD ADATA + 1 TB Seagate Baracuda | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz | PSU: 600 Watt Cooler Master B600 | Display: LG 24MP88HM-S FHD Monitor | Accessories: ASUS Cerberus Gaming KB & Mouse Kit

System 2:

Spoiler

Purpose - NAS/Virtualization

OS: Ubuntu KDE 18.04 | CPU: Core i3 4130 | Mobo: Gigabyte H81M DS2 | RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz | PSU: Corsair VS550 | DVD Drive: LG DVD Multi | Display: Acer G195HQ | Storage: 4TB 1+1+2 | Accessories: Logitech Classic K100 & Leviathan ELE G1 Gaming Mouse.

Laptop: Lenovo Essentials B490

Spoiler

Purpose: Server - HP ProLiant DL360 Gen5

OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 | CPU: 2 x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5440 4 Cores | RAM : 16 GB DDR2 ECC | Storage: 146GB SAS Disk

Sound System: Creative SBS A-120 2.1