Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
djdelarosa25

Time always wrong, sometimes error in POST

Posted · Original PosterOP

Our family computer has a bunch of issues.

First, the time is always wrong when you boot it up (you have to synchronize it every time you log in to Windows). 

Second, while it doesn't do it all of the time, there are occasions when it won't boot up at all and the screen would flash 'Keyboard Failure', then 'Hard Disk Failure - strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility'. Even though I would press F1 or F2, nothing would happen. I would have to manually reboot the computer a few times until I get it to work again.

The hard drive is fine, according to CrystalDiskInfo.

I already tried replacing the CMOS battery with a brand new one. However, the problems still remain. BIOS is the latest version.

I reckon it might be something with the motherboard, as it once belonged to an old Dell Inspiron 660s unit. My dad bought it online. When it arrived, it was missing a heatsink.

Capture.PNG

The wrong time could be the time zone not being set to where you are and the second set of issue is most likely driver issues, you may need to clear your CMOS with the RAM removed rather than just changing the battery.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, Leonard said:

The wrong time could be the time zone not being set to where you are and the second set of issue is most likely driver issues, you may need to clear your CMOS with the RAM removed rather than just changing the battery.

The time zone is correct. Okay, I will try that

6 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

The time zone is correct. Okay, I will try that

Since it is a family computer does everyone shut it down correctly? I have had unusual boots after people ripped the power cable out of the wall socket while a PC was still on.