Cybenetics releases psu certification for mining

Cybenetics has release the following requirements for psu makers if they want their psu to be mining certified. The requirements are the following:

• 750W or higher capacity.
    • ETA-B and higher efficiency certification.
    • Lower than 50mV ripple at +12V under full load at increased operating temperatures (>45°C).
    • Quality Fan (sleeve-bearing and rifle-bearing fans are automatically excluded).
    • Two EPS connectors.
    • At least four 6+2 pin PCIe connectors on dedicated cables. In case a cable hosts two PCIe connectors, it needs to have 16AWG gauges up to the first connector for the six out of the eight pins at least. For PSUs with over 1kW capacity the number of minimum PCIe connectors is eight and for PSUs with over 1.4kW capacity the minimum is ten.
    • At least four 4-pin Molex connectors on more than two cables in 1kW and stronger PSUs and six 4-pin Molex connectors in three cables for 1.4kW and higher wattage PSUs.
    • All peripheral cables should use 18AWG wires minimum.
    • AC power cord with up to 14AWG wires and C19 coupler for 1.4kW and stronger PSUs. For all the rest 16AWG is required.
    • The essential protection features (SCP, OPP) including Over Temperature Protection.
    • Over 18ms hold-up time and an accurate power ok signal.
    • Complete EMI filtering stage (minimum components: 4x Y caps, 2x X caps, two CM chokes, an MOV) along with inrush current protection (thermistor and bypass relay).
    • Impeccable build quality including quality MOSFETs, high quality bulk and filtering capacitors (105°C and the majority of filtering caps on the secondary side much have higher than 4,000 hours lifetime). The extended use of polymer caps on the secondary side is preferred.

No mining certified psu have been listed on their site yet. Might in the future when they gathered enough data.

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=mining-ready-psus

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I was just about to ask who the hell Cybernetics were, but then I remembered those are the PSU testing group that barely anyone cares about.

Does any PSU manufacturer actually use that ETA certification?

17 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I was just about to ask who the hell Cybernetics were, but then I remembered those are the PSU testing group that barely anyone cares about.

Seasonic were the first one.

54 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

From their database, looks like Corsair does

https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=database

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

yes, there have quite a few certifications already

I had a topic about them

It's a good business: imagine if Linus started an "LMG Gaming certified" scheme. GPUs will have to deliver certain FPS at given resolutions (paired with test rig), certain power draw or noise level, etc. just like 80+, there could be LMG-1080,  LMG-1440, LMG-1080+ or "Gold" or whatever for higher refresh rates, etc. You could do a similar thing for CPUs. Or you could do full system "gaming certification" for gaming prebuilts.  Of course, running tests require equipment and time, so some fee would be involved.

As long as you push it hard enough into buyers until they start looking for it (the same way 80+ makes consumers willing to pay more for a PSU), you can sit back and count the money.

If you think about it, it's the whole "triple-A asset" story, but for electronics :P 

Why do they need quiet fans? 

Edit nvm I realized it said quality

Edited by Shreyas1

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

21 hours ago, LAwLz said:

By use do you mean send their power supplies to Cybenetics for certification, use the certification on their marketing material, or something else?

They currently have 79 power supplies on their efficiency database and 76 on their noise level database, mostly from relevant power supply vendors.

I'm not sure how many of them actually advertise the certification, most of them don't seem to have updated their product pages to include it but Seasonic displays it prominently alongside the 80+ Titanium certification.

ApSDuyS.png

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

20 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

It's a good business: imagine if Linus started an "LMG Gaming certified" scheme. GPUs will have to deliver certain FPS at given resolutions (paired with test rig), certain power draw or noise level, etc. just like 80+, there could be LMG-1080,  LMG-1440, LMG-1080+ or "Gold" or whatever for higher refresh rates, etc. You could do a similar thing for CPUs. Or you could do full system "gaming certification" for gaming prebuilts.  Of course, running tests require equipment and time, so some fee would be involved.

As long as you push it hard enough into buyers until they start looking for it (the same way 80+ makes consumers willing to pay more for a PSU), you can sit back and count the money.

If you think about it, it's the whole "triple-A asset" story, but for electronics :P 

Linus should also have his own 3d benchmarking software developed and kept in house (ie, the software itself is not released outside LTT), for this purpose. The Linus Lamborghini Bench, or something to that effect. :D

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 hours ago, mvitkun said:

By use do you mean send their power supplies to Cybenetics for certification, use the certification on their marketing material, or something else?

They currently have 79 power supplies on their efficiency database and 76 on their noise level database, mostly from relevant power supply vendors.

I'm not sure how many of them actually advertise the certification, most of them don't seem to have updated their product pages to include it but Seasonic displays it prominently alongside the 80+ Titanium certification.

Reveal hidden contents

ApSDuyS.png

I mean how many actually use it in their marketing material, or how many stores allows you to filter by it?

That Seasonic one is the only one I've seen so far.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

I mean how many actually use it in their marketing material, or how many stores allows you to filter by it?

That Seasonic one is the only one I've seen so far.

Yeah I don't expect to see a filter for it until it becomes much more widely adopted, assuming that it ever does.

EDIT: I checked their news page and apparently there's one etailer that has a page with all the power supplies they carry which Cybenetics have tested.

Oh and I just checked the rest of the companies on their database, Silverstone displays it as well but it seems that nobody else does.

ASwcwfg.png

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552