Ethernet

All_Blunt

I recently built a pc and I want to connect my pc wired, so I bought and Ethernet cable and I found out my connector is wrong in the wall. I have a female BT end and with an adapter to an rj11 I think where as my cable is an rj45 I don't want to make a new socket in the wall so can change the BT socket to an rj45 or can I get an rj11 to rj45 adapter, although I've not seen one.

Uh, the connector in the wall is a phone line not an ethernet line...

You need to plug your PC into a router or modem, not your wall.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Uh, the connector in the wall is a phone line not an ethernet line...

You need to plug your PC into a router or modem, not your wall.

It has a phone to modem connector as bt is a phone and internet ips in the U.K. 

RJ11 is physically way smaller than RJ45 and usually only caries analogue signals, unless you have ADSL or ISDN in the wall, were the plug carries digital signals that need a modem to split it into phone and internet separately. Sounds like you live in an apartment were old installations is not uncommon and maybe ask around what your neighbor and others do to get internet.

My Gaming PC: 27833

2 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

RJ11 is physically way smaller than RJ45 and usually only caries analogue signals, unless you have ADSL or ISDN in the wall, were the plug carries digital signals that need a modem to split it into phone and internet separately. Sounds like you live in an apartment were old installations is not uncommon and maybe ask around what your neighbor and others do to get internet.

I've finally found something I'll leave a link if someone can check http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/164419-6-tailed-rj45-lju-socket-secondary-adaptor

3 minutes ago, All_Blunt said:

I've finally found something I'll leave a link if someone can check http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/164419-6-tailed-rj45-lju-socket-secondary-adaptor

" Allows telephones and modems to be connected to structured cabling systems "

Meaning, if the signal is analogue, ISDN or ADSL, as it most likely will, now you will need an even fancier modem because modems usually also use RJ11 in and RJ45 out, after its done the splitting and converting.

My Gaming PC: 27833