will my EVGA 430w be able to support the gtx 1070?

SimSMD

I have a question, will my EVGA 430w be able to support a new gtx 1070? Both of the items are new i just bought them but i didnt think about that, im low on money now.
Can someone tell me will it work and what will be the best thing to do.

Thanks!

No not really. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Use the website pcpartpicker

shows you your power for YOUR system

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

power wise yes. perfectly fine - 1070 is power efficient with 150w through power connectors. 

would I recommend it with EVGA 430? No, not particularly. It can hold for a couple weeks but I'd be afraid of it overloading or something. 

idk

430w is not intended to work with high end hardware, Although the GPU only outputs 150w. It's still a lot and the PSU isn't meant to handle those types of load. The EVGA 430w is more for HTPCs or low end gaming PCs. Not for something like a 1070/1080. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

22 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

power wise yes. perfectly fine - 1070 is power efficient with 150w through power connectors. 

would I recommend it with EVGA 430? No, not particularly. It can hold for a couple weeks but I'd be afraid of it overloading or something. 

ok thanks but do you maybe know wich one i should take than?

should i replace my powersupply or should i buy msi gtx 1060 6gb?
thanks!

based on the power draw of my 1080ti I would say it probably would supply enough power when new but PSU's lose efficiency over time and it might not do it then, get a better PSU, it make no sense to stick with a crap PSU and drop to a cheaper video card, a better PSU will NEVER hurt anything, but a crappier GPU will rob you of FPS

Well if the graphic card powered by pcie slot which is around 35w to 75w depending on motherboard and graphic card. Sure i have antec 850m hcg powering my pc which is e5450 e0 8gb ram asus p5q premium motherboard gtx 660 2gb 3 hard drives 1 dvd drive with led strips and 6 fans that will kill the evga 430 watt power supply in a few months maybe weeks. Better go hgher wattage in power supplies or ya risk blowing up the power supply in cases i seen and heard killed the whole computer entirely.

depends on what else is in the rig. It's close, but should be fine for most lower TDP CPU's

4 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

based on the power draw of my 1080ti I would say it probably would supply enough power when new but PSU's lose efficiency over time and it might not do it then, get a better PSU, it make no sense to stick with a crap PSU and drop to a cheaper video card, a better PSU will NEVER hurt anything, but a crappier GPU will rob you of FPS

Ohh thanks man! Can you tell me what/wich powersupply should i buy for gtx 1070 and can it be under 100euros 130dollars? 
thanks a lot!

p.s. this is my first time building a pc and i dont know much >.<

Just now, SimSMD said:

Ohh thanks man! Can you tell me what/wich powersupply should i buy for gtx 1070 and can it be under 100euros 130dollars? 
thanks a lot!

p.s. this is my first time building a pc and i dont know much >.<

there is a list around here somewhere of top tier PSU's, my personal choice was the Corsair RM750x, I like it because it has a zero fan mode till you reach like 350ish watts of draw which basically means the fan rarely ever runs even with a full gaming load with my 6700k/1080ti PC, being a 1070 you could get away with the RM650x to save a few bucks, but you might get more fan spinning and depending where you are you probably can get the RM750x in your budget, I paid around 100 USD for mine here in the USA.