Cpu reaching 100+ degrees!

I downloaded this program called CoreParkingManager so I can get my set my cpu speed to the highest now when I play games I get 100+ degrees. Help

What CPU cooler, game are you using? What were them temps like before that?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

What CPU cooler, game are you using? What were them temps like before that?

overwatch, temps were like below 70 and I do not know what cpu cooler i have

6 minutes ago, PcNo0b said:

I downloaded this program called CoreParkingManager so I can get my set my cpu speed to the highest now when I play games I get 100+ degrees. Help

we need a great deal more information than this... what CPU do you have, what overclocking settings are you running? other hardware in the system? experiencing thermal throttling/shutdowns (100+C is a LOT)? Are you certain your software is not just giving you a bad reading?

Just now, PcNo0b said:

overwatch, temps were like below 70

2 minutes ago, PcNo0b said:

overwatch, temps were like below 70 and I do not know what cpu cooler i have

Which CPU model and what software are you using to monitor temps?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

3 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Which CPU model and what software are you using to monitor temps?

AMD A8-5600k using Speccy

16 minutes ago, PcNo0b said:

The title gave me a heart attack

Try something we can trust like Real Temp instead of

1 minute ago, PcNo0b said:

Speccy

3.Use

Just now, TheNamesDoge said:

The title gave me a heart attack

Great, can you start answering his questions now? I am not supposed to backseat moderate but I guess I am kindly allowed to tell you that posting something with useful information is usually superior to "currently eating a cookie"-facebook-throwaway posts. Thank you.

3.Use

Hi there fellow 5600k user! At which speeds did you hit 100c? Are using the internal GPU? Is it inside a laptop? Pictures of the CPU cooler? (remove side pannel if present, and take pictures)

23 minutes ago, PcNo0b said:

The CoreParkingManager program is for unlocking/making the CPU cores run all run at the same frequency, you can unpark you cores with windows in msconfig and in most cases that program has a virus attached to it. you should check for running processes that you are not using or that has a high CPU load and see if you can kill it by just ending the task in device manager.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

9 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Great, can you start answering his questions now? I am not supposed to backseat moderate but I guess I am kindly allowed to tell you that posting something with useful information is usually superior to "currently eating a cookie"-facebook-throwaway posts. Thank you.

using core temp because real temp does not support amd cpu's. 

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, PcNo0b said:

using core temp because real temp does not support amd cpu's. 

also fine. It says only 70°C though or is this idle?

I would also probably uninstall the core unparking garbage but don't forget to reset everything that thing might have editied.

3.Use

11 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I would also probably uninstall the core unparking garbage but don't forget to reset everything that thing might have editied.

I had overwatch opened and i also tried msi afterburner monitoring cpu temp it says 50 degrees in overwatch... I guess its just speccy...?

24 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Yes with this attitude we can see why your a moderator 

theres nothing wrong with posts being kept friendly and light hearted 

He was just expressing his feeling about the faulse specky readings

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

25 minutes ago, PcNo0b said:

I had overwatch opened and i also tried msi afterburner monitoring cpu temp it says 50 degrees in overwatch... I guess its just speccy...?

Wait a minute doesn´t MSI afterburner show GPU temps and status overall ? 

Download HWinfo, CPU-Z GPU-Z and sacrifice teh few calories to take off the side panel and check which cooler you have

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

10 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Yes with this attitude we can see why your a moderator 

theres nothing wrong with posts being kept friendly and light hearted 

He was just expressing his feeling about the faulse specky readings

HaHa my thoughts exactly! OP i'm not familiar with that processor but is that voltage normal seems to be on the high side?

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

Does the speccy reading by any chance say 127°C?

3.Use

6 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Does the speccy reading by any chance say 127°C?

no, why 127?

8 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

70 degrees is the tjmax for the CPU

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System