Logitech Acquires Astro Gaming for $85m

Source: https://www.cnet.com/news/logitech-buys-headset-maker-astro-gaming/

Logitech, in a bid to expand into the console headset market, has purchased Astro Gaming for $85m. It has since been confirmed that Astro will not be dissolved. Astro will remain on the market as a separate brand with their own team, but will report to Logitech Gaming boss Ujesh Desai. It will be interesting to see down the line whether any of the Astro design philosophy eventually leaks over to the Logitech G PC peripherals line, or vice versa. 

According to the press release, Logitech has a pretty specific aim by buying Astro: It wants to expand its product line into the game console market. (While some of its gear can technically be used with consoles, Logitech has mostly targeted PCs, tablets and phones as of late.)

"With the addition of Astro, we're investing in an adjacent gaming market -- the console gaming market -- to help accelerate the long-term growth of our gaming business," reads a line in the press release.

Edit: My bad for the repost. I checked before posting this, but I didn't go back far enough in the forums. I thought this was more recent news than it is, since I didn't start seeing articles on this pop up in my social media until today. 

Lead me astray.. to dreamer's hideaway. 

Maybe now they'll make decent sounding headphones and mics, eh?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Was already posted the other day i believe.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

16 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Was already posted the other day i believe.

Oh, so it was, my bad. I checked before posting, but I didn't go back that far, I thought this was more recent news than that. I hadn't seen it posted around until today. 

Lol next time you copy and paste something you can't spell make sure you switch back to automatic text color

2 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Lol next time you copy and paste something you can't spell make sure you switch back to automatic text color

Nothing to do with not being able to spell it. I was quoting the original article, which means it needs to be exact. I just couldn't figure out how to remove the formatting after the button for that went away on its own. 

Logitech gave the same response when they bought Saitek off madcatz. Seems like they are trying to become the one peripherals manufacturer

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

All Astro made was overpriced headphones that console gamers used to look cool in their videos. 

Maybe because FaZe Jev doesn't use his Pink Astros anymore... He switched to Turtle Beach instead.

the sky is up