AMD Ryzen Threadripper and Ryzen 3 Product Updates (Threadripper price reveal)

60 PCI-E lanes got me excited

A L L  T H E  E X P A N S I O N  S L O T S 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Hmm very interesting pricing even at $999 GG Intel... That 7900X will need to see a price drop. That's the X model though so there is still chance that the 16c non X will be $850-899 if so that's a killer price. As with all zen chips the popular choice will be buying the non X and OC'ing to X performance.

3062 CB at stock, damn...

Also very interesting is the Alienware Threadripper machine! They sport up to 64GB at 2933Mhz.

That's actually darn impressive, considering how much Ryzen has struggled to get to that barrer and break it with Dual channel, 16GB max usually.

A side note: Dell's Area 51 Threadripper desktop will be available for pre-order on July 27th – it would appear that Dell has an OEM launch day exclusive at this time, so we might see some more details then. The Area 51 will ship after the 27th; that is just the pre-order date.

9Cyx9vZkTGi4neqkejjaug.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Surprised to see they still have a max turbo of 4.0 , Figured they would be toned down a bit.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Considering that threadripper is a WS/server chip, someone should probably add these chips to the table... The cheapest 14 core is about 2.2K$ though

Is it possible to add tables to a post? (please forum, give us LaTeX support)

Literally all i wanted was Ryzen 3 news and you can't even deliever that

1 minute ago, AHaskin14 said:

Surprised to see they still have a max turbo of 4.0 , Figured they would be toned down a bit.

It's actually impressive considering the TDP.

The 1700X and 1800X are 95W, and top Threadripper is 180W. We can see they lowered the base clocks a bit; as it's not 3.6Ghz like the 1800X; but the 4.0Ghz single core boost is nice.

If temps are good, people should be able to overlock around 8 cores to 4.0Ghz at leasts. Perfect for gaming and work that needs more jiggawats, and still plenty of cores for multithreaded work.

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

60 PCI-E lanes got me excited

A L L  T H E  E X P A N S I O N  S L O T S 

yeah, 60lanes is more than intel's high end server chips, in fact it is about twice that... I don't really see that mattering, unless you want to create an NVMe caching server though 

Welcome back competition, goodbye i9.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Yeah actually where is it xD @Valentyn can you link? (I know you aren't OP)

6 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Where are ryzen 3 MSRP and r3 1100?

Sorry folks, AMD hasn't settled on a price yet. Official launch with stock in stores is the 27th though.

When we got our information from AMD, prices were still being decided, but the official launch day will be July 27th. One only one of the CPUs uses the full XFR, and AMD didn’t provide TDP numbers but we suspect they will be listed as 65W parts. AMD did not comment if these CPUs would have coolers bundled with them or not. Again, we’ll have to wait until closer to launch day/on launch day for this information.

For users keen on Bristol Ridge information, I am still poking AMD. I’m still being told that it will be launched into the retail channel for consumers, but not at this time.

kVpBBvzzT-q-WHr_Is5eIg.png

5 minutes ago, AHaskin14 said:

Turbo isn't on all threads. For example, the R7 1700 has a turbo of 3.7GHz, although at stock when all cores are used it only runs at 3.2GHz.

4 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Literally all i wanted was Ryzen 3 news and you can't even deliever that

I did though, click the big green "Best Answer" up top and scroll down to it's bottom :D.

Dayum, the price is steep but i have my hopes up on AMD's badass performance similar to Intel for far cheaper.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Turbo isn't on all threads. For example, the R7 1700 has a turbo of 3.7GHz, although at stock when all cores are used it only runs at 3.2GHz.

I was just about to say that. That's why 3062 CB is impressive at stock. I'd say at least half those cores can do 3.9/4GHz

13 minutes ago, AHaskin14 said:

Why would I be browsing at work....B|

VicL0Mi.gif

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

It's actually impressive considering the TDP.

The 1700X and 1800X are 95W, and top Threadripper is 180W. We can see they lowered the base clocks a bit; as it's not 3.6Ghz like the 1800X; but the 4.0Ghz single core boost is nice.

If temps are good, people should be able to overlock around 8 cores to 4.0Ghz at leasts. Perfect for gaming and work that needs more jiggawats, and still plenty of cores for multithreaded work.

These days TDP doesn't really mean anything on CPUs, see it as an upper limit... a pentium G3240 has only 10W less TDP than an i7 7700, which is ridiculous