Which deal to choose?

I looked through a lot of deals, and i found two of these to be very compelling.

One was a Nikon D5300 with a 18-55VR Kit Lens for 462$

The second one was a D5200 with a 18-55VR Lens, a 50mm 1.8D Fixed Lens, a 70-300mm Zoom Lens, a 16GB Sd Card, a case and a tripod for 680$.

The question is: Is it better to buy the D5300 with the standard lens and buy other lenses separately or go for the second option?

Aditya K. Arun / redscape photo and video.

Photography, Tech enthusiast.

500px.com/redscape_

Instagram: redscape_

As I don't know what difference there really is between the 5200 and 5300 I know that most people say that you should spend less on a camera and more on the lenses.

Since you get more with the 5200 I'd definetly hit that.

Unsure?

Look up what the differences are and if they matter to you, if they do/not you'll know what to do :)

I would personally go with the second deal but that's a tough one.

I would honestly go for the D5300 with just the 18-55 kit lens.  The D5#00 series cameras do not have an in body AF motor so if the lens included with the D5200 is indeed a 50mm 1.8D lens, forget about having AF with the lens.  If it was the 50mm 1.8G, that lens has an in lens AF motor.

But mainly, don't start off with too many lenses.  Start with the 18-55 alone and the $200 or so you save can be used for another lens later when you learn what you need.  As for bag and tripod that's included with the other deal, since I don't know the details I'll assume they are low quality accessories.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

5969f50853534_Skjermbildelttblank.PNG.8d02358355813aa9d2cf7f51da7f2242.PNG

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking