Zando Bob

Anyone still playing old Star Wars games?

Do you still play Battlefront II (2005)  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes! It's awesome!
    • Nope, too old.
    • Never heard of it.
    • Not yet, but imma check it out.
  2. 2. What's your favorite Star Wars game?

• Battlefront II
    • TOR, KOTOR, etc.
    • Republic Commando
    • Star Wars Galaxies
    • X-Wing (+ Special Edition)
    • TIE Fighter (+ Special Edition)
    • X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
    • X-Wing Alliance
    • Jedi Knight Series (Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast)
    • Other (Post below and I'll add them)
    • Empire at War

Posted · Original PosterOP

Like @fpo pointed out in a news thread, Battlefront II 2005 has been updated to support online multiplayer! Woot!

Also, the new Battlefront II 2017 is available as a public beta from now until the 9th, and is totally dope. Defo download it and see how good a job EA and DICE did bringing the reboot to 2017 (spoiler, they did it pretty darn well). 

Maxwell is still awesome, and so is X58. If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

CPU: Xeon X5675

CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Formula
Memory: 8GB ADATA XPG V1.0 (red) + 16GB HyperX 
Storage: HyperX Fury 120GB SSD
Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD

More storage: 2TB something or other drive lying around. 
Video Card: MSI Gaming 980 Ti 6G 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620W

2012 MacBook Pro (Work): 2.9GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 525GB SSD. 

iPad Pro: magic (and you can't open it up to disprove it, as it's glued shut). Jk, it's got an A9X with 4GB RAM. I didn't need it, so I surrendered it to my Mum.  She never used it so It's mine again. 

iPhone 6 Plus: more magic, with an A8 and 1GB RAM. 

32 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Like @fpo pointed out in a status update (I think it was him), Battlefront II 2005 has been updated to support online multiplayer! Woot!

Tech news and review thread. :P 

PC game list: 

Build Plan: 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Tech news and review thread. :P 

Fixed. 

Maxwell is still awesome, and so is X58. If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

iPad Pro: magic (and you can't open it up to disprove it, as it's glued shut). Jk, it's got an A9X with 4GB RAM. I didn't need it, so I surrendered it to my Mum.  She never used it so It's mine again. 

X-Wing Alliance!!!! Hell Yeah! I loved that game and still do. I Really should play it again lol

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Unofficial patch V1.3 r129, updated for the new multiplayer official patch: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads/unofficial-v13-patch-r129

It's only for the GoG and Steam versions, not retail or disc versions. 

Current build:

Until recently, I played the classic BF2. Steam decided it doesn't want to launch it, so I unfortunately cannot play it until I fix that....

Desktop - Officially named Caroline, nicknamed Ice Flame(work in progress name and build)

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 -Motherboard: ASRock AB350-Pro4 -Memory: G.Skill NT 8Gb DDR4-2133(1x8Gb) -GPU: GeForce GTX 780

-Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200RPM HDD -PSU: Corsair CX550M -Case: NZXT S340 White -Keyboard: CM Storm Devastator -Mouse: CM Storm Devastator

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite P755

CPU: Intel Core i5-2430M -Memory: 8Gb DDR3(2x4Gb) -GPU: GeForce GT 540M -Storage: 750Gb SATA HDD -Display: 1366x768 15.6" 60Hz

Raspberry Pi 3 model B running RetroPie

Monitors: Dell SE2717HR, Dell 17", laptop display

finally figured out how to do signatures pls be proud of me c:

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Until recently, I played the classic BF2. Steam decided it doesn't want to launch it, so I unfortunately cannot play it until I fix that....

GoG. Get it from GoG. Can have as many installs as you want, you can use GoG Galaxy if you want auto-updates, and no DRM so nothing has to run in the background while you game. Also, from the reviews on GoG and Steam, seems GoG's versions of KOTOR and Jedi Knight and other games of that era work a lot better than Steams. 

Current build:

2 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

I bought it on the day the multiplayer function went down.. yay

Lol. It's back up now through an update on both Steam and GoG, but hasn't worked for me so far. 

Current build: