Anyone still playing old Star Wars games?

Zando_

Do you still play Battlefront II (2005)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes! It's awesome!
    • Nope, too old.
    • Never heard of it.
    • Not yet, but imma check it out.
  2. 2. What's your favorite Star Wars game?

• Battlefront II
    • TOR, KOTOR, etc.
    • Republic Commando
    • Star Wars Galaxies
    • X-Wing (+ Special Edition)
    • TIE Fighter (+ Special Edition)
    • X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
    • X-Wing Alliance
    • Jedi Knight Series (Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast)
    • Other (Post below and I'll add them)
    • Empire at War

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Tech news and review thread. :P 

Fixed. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

X-Wing Alliance!!!! Hell Yeah! I loved that game and still do. I Really should play it again lol

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Unofficial patch V1.3 r129, updated for the new multiplayer official patch: http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads/unofficial-v13-patch-r129

It's only for the GoG and Steam versions, not retail or disc versions. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Until recently, I played the classic BF2. Steam decided it doesn't want to launch it, so I unfortunately cannot play it until I fix that....

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Until recently, I played the classic BF2. Steam decided it doesn't want to launch it, so I unfortunately cannot play it until I fix that....

GoG. Get it from GoG. Can have as many installs as you want, you can use GoG Galaxy if you want auto-updates, and no DRM so nothing has to run in the background while you game. Also, from the reviews on GoG and Steam, seems GoG's versions of KOTOR and Jedi Knight and other games of that era work a lot better than Steams. 

Main PC 

I bought it on the day the multiplayer function went down.. yay

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

2 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

I bought it on the day the multiplayer function went down.. yay

Lol. It's back up now through an update on both Steam and GoG, but hasn't worked for me so far. 

Main PC 

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2017 at 9:49 PM, Zando Bob said:

Welcome to the Old Star Wars discussion thread! Any older Star Wars games are welcome here! Feel free to discuss them, share gameplay (so long as your vids aren't monetized and are for informational purposes, not advertising for you channel), any great mods you've found, etc. Newer games like TOR and EA's Battlefront and Battlefront II are okay as well, since they continue the legacy of the classics. For reference, old games are ones from the late 90's to the early 2000s. Let's revive the classics!

Discord server: https://discord.gg/Ppz9AD4

And now a list of awesome mods and such, the best sites are ModDB and NexusMods:

Battlefront II:

Reveal hidden contents

First, essentials:

Then other cool mods:

Graphics Mods:

Content mods: 

Reveal hidden contents

Battlefront III legacy Beta 4.0, updated and better than ever: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-iii-legacy/downloads/battlefront-iii-legacy-open-beta-4

GCW 1035 (Pure awesomeness, EA's Battlefront style skins and blasters. DLT-19s are sick!): http://www.moddb.com/mods/gcw-1035/downloads/gcw-1035

Republic Commando (moar awesomeness): http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-republic-commando/downloads/swbfii-rcm-v14

TOR remastered: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-old-republic-remastered/downloads/the-old-republic-remastered-v1

Rebel Ops missions (stellar mission spy thingy, you run the Maps in “Hunt” mode. There’s three of them., Auqualaris, The Big L, and some other one): http://www.moddb.com/mods/rebel-ops-campaign/downloads/rebel-ops-campaign-installer

Utilites: 

And PM me or contact me on discord if you need help installing them. Though they include readmes, so you should be able to figure it out from those. 

If you have any good mods you know of for any older Star Wars games, give me the link and I'll put it up here.     

Gameplay videos: 

Reveal hidden contents

Here's my YouTube channel (disclaimer for the mods, this is not monetized in any way, it's purely to show off and teach people about the awesomeness of Battlefront II. If any of the vids have ads on them, tell me and I'll check my settings. I hate ads, and have a good income, so there's no point in monetizing any videos): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClZLuxUxenX9SnEYWp4E6tA

So far, just one quick edit, and I'm waiting for it to change my profile pic (says it could take a couple hours). 

Old intro:

Reveal hidden contents

Just wondering, does anyone else still play the old Battlefront II? It'd be cool to find some peeps to play with and maybe make some mods. 

EDIT: With the help of @LooneyJuice, this is now a discussion thread for any classic early 2000s Star Wars Games. Fell free to discuss them below, and if you know any good mods, make sure and tell me (especially for Battlefront II). 

i play empire at war forces of corruption on a regular basis still