Locked out of my phone

I'm gonna try to make this short so you bare with me

My sister were trying to set a fingerprint password for her Samsung S6 Edge+. However her phone restared in the middle of it and when it booted up again she is required to enter a password that she has not chosen.

I've been trying to find a solution for this all day but I've come up empty-handed. Tried different programs. I understand that you are not meant to be able to bypass the lock screen. But she doesn't want to lose her pictures and stuff on the phone but there seems to be no way to save it. 

You guys are my last chance, is there any way in the world that it can be saved?

Both me and my sister would be forever grateful!

Unrooted, stock ROM etc?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

This is tricky.

Did you have a SD card the photos may have been automatically been saved to?

Could android debugging be enabled?

You could wait for a day with WiFi connected to see if Google photos backs up the photos. I think you could check online. Furthermore Google normally backs up your phone automatically to Google drive iirc.

This last point should work as the phone is probably not encrypted.

Was USB debugging on? If so, you can use ADB to get in, I think. 

Just now, ScratchCat said:

This is tricky.

You could wait for a day with WiFi connected to see if Google photos backs up the photos. I think you could check online. Furthermore Google normally backs up your phone automatically to Google drive iirc.

Forgot that Google backs it up, that could work. Resetting the phone using the recovery prompts for the password, though

Just now, RomanChrome said:

Forgot that Google backs it up, that could work. Resetting the phone using the recovery prompts for the password, though

Would it work if the phone were to be factory reset?

I would wait a day with the phone plugged in to make sure everything is secured.

4 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Unrooted, stock ROM etc?

The phone is not rooted and it is Stock ROM.

3 minutes ago, RomanChrome said:

Was USB debugging on? If so, you can use ADB to get in, I think. 

Unfortunately it is not turned on.

3 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

This is tricky.

This last point should work as the phone is probably not encrypted.

The S6 does not have support for an external SD card. I will check with my sister if google have backed up the phone.

1 minute ago, MarkusH said:

The phone is not rooted and it is Stock ROM.

Do you know the Google account password ?

You might be able to change the password from android device manager (find my iphone for android)

Do you know the Google account password ?

You might be able to change the password from android device manager (find my iphone for android)

Does the phone have to be connected to the PC? If so USB debugging probably has to be enabled.

2 minutes ago, MarkusH said:

Does the phone have to be connected to the PC? If so USB debugging probably has to be enabled.

It just needs to be connected to the internet.

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager?did=CKv7_FNclLCyC4D-qgnJ1cKzwm0o1kNIr1YnNJzQ3MA%3D

there should be an option to lock the phone/change password

Edit: Samsung may also have thirr own version of this

Edited by ScratchCat

I tried that Samsung version earlier and it couldn't find her phone. Only her old "Samsung Galaxy Note II". Which is strange cause she had a Samsung account.

She may not have signed in on that phone or under a new account.

She may not have signed in on that phone or under a new account.

She's downloaded themes from the samsung store or whatever you call it, doesn't that require a samsung account?

She's downloaded themes from the samsung store or whatever you call it, doesn't that require a samsung account?

That is interesting. I can't help any further due to not having owned a more recent Samsung phone than a 2011 model

2 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

That is interesting. I can't help any further due to not having owned a more recent Samsung phone than a 2011 model

I understand. I logged in on the google thing to find her phone. Unfortunately there is no "unlock" option. Only a "lock" which I assume locks the phone entirely in case it would be stolen.

5 minutes ago, MarkusH said:

I understand. I logged in on the google thing to find her phone. Unfortunately there is no "unlock" option. Only a "lock" which I assume locks the phone entirely in case it would be stolen.

I can check using an old phone what this option does. It should lock the phone with the Google accounts password or similar.

I can check using an old phone what this option does. It should lock the phone with the Google accounts password or similar.

I appreciate you taking your time for this. Please let me know when you have tried.

there is a pretty easy way to get around it, but because i dont believe that this is actually your phone(nothing personal against you), the only answer ill give you, is to factory reset it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

there is a pretty easy way to get around it, but because i dont believe that this is actually your phone(nothing personal against you), the only answer ill give you, is to factory reset it.

That could be a worry, however given that he has access to the Google account for the phone , I would err on the side that they do own it. Furthermore his profile images is mot some arbitrary photo from Google, and he would be a poor thief if he showed his face while asking how to unlock the stolen phone.

9 hours ago, MarkusH said:

I appreciate you taking your time for this. Please let me know when you have tried.

It does work.

The android device manager asks you for a new pin/password, you enter the new password, click lock.

The phone password will then change the next time the phone connects to Google services (in my case ~10 seconds later)