White or Black PC setup?

Furniture colour  

54 members have voted

1. 1. White or black?

• White
    • Black

I will probably be buying new furniture soon, but I'm not sure if I should go with black or white.

Does anyone have a white setup? does the desk reflect your screen a lot?

Image result for white pc setup

Image result for black pc setup ikea

These are just random images I found on google ^^

Pros of white:

-dust is almost invisible

-clean/modern look

-blends in with white walls

Pros of black:

-less reflections of screens

-matches black monitors and dark windows themes

-possibly less distracting for gaming?

Thanks for your input :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The simple solution to screen reflection is to not buy something with a glossy finish. Nor do I find white distracting. 

At the end of the day, it more depends on the furniture than it does the colour. You could buy a white desk that can be an absolute bitch to clean, or you can find one that's literally wipe clean - I've had engine oil, grease, you name it all over my white ikea desk and it wipe cleans with a damp cloth, for example. 

I hate to be that guy but, it's down to you... We can't tell you what colour is best for you; my advice is to pick a colour scheme you like that goes well with your room decor, PC setup etc. and then look for a quality desk in that colour... 

IKEA for example, with the GALANT at least, you can mix and match your colours - the finish and quality is the same, same desk, different colour. 

Personally I'd argue white is easier to keep clean. Dust isn't an issue and with a decent desk it's wipe clean.

45 minutes ago, yathis said:

White is always the best, always.

Do you have white furniture at home?

:)

I like how dust is practically invisible on my white PC case.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

White, because it fits nicely with blue (and every other color) and because dust is almost invisible :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

52 minutes ago, yathis said:

White is always the best, always.

That's racist /s

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I would say if depends on how light the room is. If it is very light white would be better. Not so light/bit dark go black. Then again if it is a really dark room white can be nice on the PC to make it stand out if you like that. 

8 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

White, because it fits nicely with blue (and every other color) and because dust is almost invisible :D

I think white is nice.  Both cases I've had for my main desktop have been white and I think it's a nice color for a case.  

Especially since my favorite color is blue and I wanted a mostly white/blue color scheme.   

Definately white. i wish i got a white desk instead of black xD

basically white with black trim looks best

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

This is my current setup (sort of, it's changed a little), with black ikea furniture.

IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.15a8df619f336060a52cf4baef061134.JPG

This white ikea furniture is kinda what I will be replacing it with:

Image result for white besta

Thanks for everyone's help :)

Spoiler

I have a black set up and the dust is driving me crazy. When I move, I'll be going white haha

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

This is my current setup (sort of, it's changed a little), with black ikea furniture.

Spoiler

IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.15a8df619f336060a52cf4baef061134.JPG

This white ikea furniture is kinda what I will be replacing it with:

Image result for white besta

Thanks for everyone's help :)

The white tube is seem to be attached to something and it leads to somewhere.

Hmmm...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

20 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Definitely white, it will look so much better with your PC :D

7 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

The white tube is seem to be attached to something and it leads to somewhere.

Hmmm...

It goes to the PC, so I get 99.97% dust free air :D never needs cleaning anymore.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

It goes to the PC, so I get 99.97% dust free air

I need this :D

Just now, Enderman said:

It goes to the PC, so I get 99.97% dust free air :D never needs cleaning anymore.

So the other end is out your window? Goodbye dusty air! Hello pollen air!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

So the other end is out your window? Goodbye dusty air! Hello pollen air!

No, it's connected to a HEPA air filter that's inside the room.

It just recirculates the air, so that not only my PC gets clean air but at the same time it removes dust from the room.

Spoiler

Even with the air filter running 24/7 there is still noticeable dust that settles on everything after about a week.

Down sides of having carpet and a pet, I guess.

Hopefully in the future I will be in a place with no carpet.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, NickTheMajin said:

I've used enough IKEA stuff to realize that its a waste of money. Absolute garbage quality. 

I like it.

As long as you don't put heavy stuff on it, stuff like monitor stands that use clamps, it holds up fine.

It's paper inside so anything with high pressure and small area will puncture it.

It's also really easy to assemble/disassemble for moving, and since it's paper inside it's much lighter than solid furniture.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I like it.

As long as you don't put heavy stuff on it, stuff like monitor stands that use clamps, it holds up fine.

It's paper inside so anything with high pressure and small area will puncture it.

It's also really easy to assemble/disassemble for moving, and since it's paper inside it's much lighter than solid furniture.

Fair enough, when I spend a significant sum on my PC and peripherals, I want to put it on something thats more substantial than what is literally painted paper. 

5 minutes ago, NickTheMajin said:

Fair enough, when I spend a significant sum on my PC and peripherals, I want to put it on something thats more substantial than what is literally painted paper. 

Also it's cheap, forgot to mention that :P

Spoiler