COUGAR 230M VS Roccat Lua which one to buy?

DustHaze
Go to solution Solved by woll3,

If you can scramble just 3 euros more together the 250m would be a decent option, not sure about delivery fees though.

The Bloody V3m is using 3305 and suffers from the same problem as the 230m.

The Ozone Neon 3k would be an Option, it uses 3320 but unfortunately its FW is rather bad, so its malfunction speed is just above 2m/s, more than the 230m and V3m, but still nothing i can recommend comfortably, still it might be your best choice if the 250m is too expensive.

Hi guys :D

I want to see which one is better from a professional perspective on the gaming side as for which one have a better sensor and so on.

I also want to know your opinions about other budget gaming mice for like a budget of 25 euros or under, I have a tight budget and I hope you can help with this

because I'm desperate for opinions and I will appreciate your help,

The 230m uses 3307 and the Lua the 3050, the Lua will offer better performance, however the Lua is insanely tiny, while the 230m is on the other Spectrum for an ambidextrous mouse, unless you need a malfunction speed over 2m/s i would let the shape decide.

So i would suggest to get a Rival 100 instead as it nearly performs the same as the Lua without being tiny, it should be available for around 25-30€ atm as they need to clear the stock for the Rival 110.

1 minute ago, woll3 said:

The 230m uses 3307 and the Lua the 3050, the Lua will offer better performance, however the Lua is insanely tiny, while the 230m is on the other Spectrum for an ambidextrous mouse, unless you need a malfunction speed over 2m/s i would let the shape decide.

So i would suggest to get a Rival 100 instead as it nearly performs the same as the Lua without being tiny, it should be available for around 25-30€ atm as they need to clear the stock for the Rival 110.

it is sold around 32,67 euros for the rival 100 and the Rival 110 is not available in France

look in amazon.fr shit is so expensive for me :(

If you can scramble just 3 euros more together the 250m would be a decent option, not sure about delivery fees though.

The Ozone Neon 3k would be an Option, it uses 3320 but unfortunately its FW is rather bad, so its malfunction speed is just above 2m/s, more than the 230m and V3m, but still nothing i can recommend comfortably, still it might be your best choice if the 250m is too expensive.

Just now, woll3 said:

my hands are like L:18cm and W: 9cm so I don't know if this make any deference

@woll3 anyway thanks for the help it means a lot to me because I look so hard before I buy my stuff, it took me almost 3 days of searching and you gave me a shortcut throw this and I'm very thankful.

if you have more idea tell me because I'm going out right now and I will read your post after like 1 hour or 2. thank you :)

@woll3 also the mouse should be 10.8cm L and 5.4cm W but it is not a necessity I guess

8 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

my hands are like L:18cm and W: 9cm so I don't know if this make any deference

If amazon is carrying any possible return fees i would say try the Lua to see if it fits, its 10.5 and 6.5 at the widest point, towards the middle its around 5.0 though.

1 hour ago, woll3 said:

If amazon is carrying any possible return fees i would say try the Lua to see if it fits, its 10.5 and 6.5 at the widest point, towards the middle its around 5.0 though.

I think I'm gonna get the cougar 250M what do you think for the hand size ?

13 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

I think I'm gonna get the cougar 250M what do you think for the hand size ?

At 135mm at its largest length its pretty big, so if you've got big hands you should be fine.

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

At 135mm at its largest length its pretty big, so if you've got big hands you should be fine.

I have 19cm L and 9.5cm W hand  so after seeing a video the mouse should be 7.5inch L and 3.7inch W

3 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

I have 19L and 9.5W  so after seeing a video the mouse should be 7.5inch L and 3.7 W

I've got 16.5L so kinda smol, and the largest Mouse I can hold comfortably is the DA Chroma which is like 127. So Idk You may be fine. To me you've got pretty large hands

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I've got 16.5L so kinda smol, and the largest Mouse I can hold comfortably is the DA Chroma which is like 127. So Idk You may be fine. To me you've got pretty large hands

I think it will be fine for me

Just now, DustHaze said:

@Aytex what do you think should I buy it or search for something else?

I mean Id buy it.

You seem pretty content with the price, in not wanting to grab a Rival 100 so might as well.

G203 w/ its mercury sensor is pretty good

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I mean Id buy it.

You seem pretty content with the price, in not wanting to grab a Rival 100 so might as well.

G203 w/ its mercury sensor is pretty good

In France everything is expensive, the Rival 100 and the G203 priced over 30 euros.

what do you mean waiting is there gonna be a drop in price or something?

Just now, DustHaze said:

In France everything is expensive, the Rival 100 and the G203 priced over 30 euros.

what do you mean waiting is there gonna be a drop in price or something?

Never said waiting, said wanting. You seem content with the Cougar for the price, and I cant argue at that. so I would just buy it :P

Just now, Aytex said:

Never said waiting, said wanting. You seem content with the Cougar for the price, and I cant argue at that. so I would just buy it :P

sorry if I misread the thing because I'm multitasking :D