Worlds best headphones?

Shadow_Storm56

What would be the world's current best set of headphones? Like best audio quality and so on. No crazy 500 000 dollar ones like best headphones under 10k. 

What do you mean by "best"?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well best pair would be the world's most expensive which is the Sennheiser Orpheus at $50,000

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

What do you mean by "best"?

Best audio quality.... comfort...ect

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Best audio quality.... comfort...ect

So by "best audio quality" do you mean flatest?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

But the best pair under $10,000 is the STAX SRS-2170

But if you don't want to spend that much the STAX L300

Its up to you for it we don't have your ears so we can't tell

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Ears are different yes but there is still good and bad. Dollar store ear buds are not good audio quality, No matter who's ears 

*Beats by Dre*

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

2 minutes ago, jnmbhj said:

*Beats by Dre*

This would be the answer of probably 85% of people

Just now, Max_Settings said:

This would be the answer of probably 85% of people

Lmao. That was a joke. But a really good pair of headphones that are on sale is the Sennheiser HD 6XX.(Exact same as the HD 650) Its on sale for $199 but shipping is forever (Mid December) 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Just now, jnmbhj said:

Lmao. That was a joke. But a really good pair of headphones that are on sale is the Sennheiser HD 6XX.(Exact same as the HD 650) Its on sale for $199 but shipping is forever (Mid December) 

I am aware that was a joke. But I was just saying the sad part is that 85% of people would probably say that

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

I am aware that was a joke. But I was just saying the sad part is that 85% of people would probably say that

Just like how 85% of people would say Apple makes the best phones. 

6 minutes ago, jnmbhj said:

Well Beats is Apple so...

What does it matter? The answer will vary depending on who you ask. As of now, every headphone on the market has at least one issue with just the sound, to say nothing of ergonomics, features, build quality, and so on.

49 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

But the best pair under $10,000 is the STAX SRS-2170

Zeos sycophant identified. Try thinking for yourself for a change.

I look at these Audeze, Stax headphones and so on...

While they do sound good, they sometimes suffer from being too heavy or not ergonomic or requiring an amp...

I know this headphone is hyped to the max, but I am vouching for the Philips SHP 9500 for being comfy, lightweight, working on any device without an amp and sounding good (good enough). And they have a removable wire that's a standard 3.5mm jack. So you can plug a boom-mic or any wire into them. And they're affordable AF at around $70 or less. 

So from an economy of scale, bang for the buck & good enough perspective I vouch for the Philips SHP 9500. 

It's kinda like saying that the $10 Casio F91W is the best watch under $10000 because it does everything rather well. Sure, some watches would be better made, more precise and durable. But at the end of the day the Casio gets the job done. 

On 7/12/2017 at 0:30 AM, jnmbhj said:

They do. 

Anyway, if your budget is $10,000 I certainly would not be looking at headphones. You are going to see massive plateaus because headphones can only be so good. I have around $20,000 in audio sitting in my living room, you aren't going to get the full body experience tower speakers and a dedicated subwoofer give you in any set of cans. So to me, the $1600 I spent on my Sennheisers is the max I would consider (and even then, I hardly ever use them because they do not measure up). 

I'd say get to know what sound you like first before committing to an expensive one.

The reason there's always at least one thing people don't like about the really high end ones is because of preference. Some say too much bass, some say it sounds too harsh. It depends on what you consider as a good sound, then step up from that to the best.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Probably HD800 / Utopia. 

Most expensive =/= best. Orpheus still has a sabre based DAC. I'd think Schiit's proprietary filters and DAC chips or a custom FPGA implementation should beat it handily. I tried Stax and didn't like estat presentation very much.