30€ gpu no extra power

GermanPCBuilder

My friend needs a gpu that has equal or more power than a GTX 650 but this card shouldn't require a power connector as his cheap PSU that came with his pre built doesn't have a power connector for the gpu ( 400 watt unit ). This card will be bought off eBay Kleinanzeigen ( German version of Craigslist ). Any suggestions are helpful 

8 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

My friend needs a gpu that has equal or more power than a GTX 650 but this card shouldn't require a power connector as his cheap PSU that came with his pre built doesn't have a power connector for the gpu ( 400 watt unit ). This card will be bought off eBay Kleinanzeigen ( German version of Craigslist ). Any suggestions are helpful 

has equal or more power than a gtx 650 but doesn't require extra power for 30 euros?

thats gonna be hard

good luck on that

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

30 EURO than your looking at R7 230 stuff. Thare is now wee you can get a 650 in compute power for under 30 and whit no psu cable

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

1 minute ago, crysilis said:

has equal or more power than a gtx 650 but doesn't require extra power for 30 euros?

thats gonna be hard

good luck on that

Yea the 30 Euros is the killer...

If you can find one the 750ti is a fairly common card that generally does not require external power, though it depends on the board manufacturer.
If you simply don't have the cables to connect external power I'd recommend getting a molex to 6 pin adapter, It'll open your options up a lot more.
The 30€ price point is still going to be a problem regardless of the other concessions you might be able to make.

Edited by mrcharlz
Did not comletely answer OP's question.

My rig:
CPU: Ryzen 1600X

MOBO: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3

RAM: 16Gb (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4

STORAGE: 512Gb ADATA Ultimate SU800 SSD; 1Tb WD Caviar Black HDD

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce  6Gb

PSU: EVGA GQ 650
CASE: CM MasterCase 5

PERIPHERALS: Corsair Strafe RGB, Corsair Sabre RGB, HyperX Cloud Stinger
PCP Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/EvEdSchob/saved/ZnLLkL

Dont even try to upgrade. Why go whit nvidia. wen you have a APU  ? becas than that R7 230 starts to look kinde worf it. depending if your really really need it

1 minute ago, mrcharlz said:

If you can find one the 750ti is a fairly common card that generally does not require external power, though it depends on the board manufacturer.
If you simply don't have the cables to connect external power I'd recommend getting a molex to 6 pin adapter, It'll open your options up a lot more.

Not happing for 30USD. even a Nvidia 640 ar still 40 ich

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

19 minutes ago, mrcharlz said:

The 30€ price point is still going to be a problem regardless of the other concessions you might be able to make.

How many watts can one of those adapters deliver? Would it be enough for a 650?

650s are going for 40€ so with a bit of luck you can get the price down to 30€, the only problem is power. The last chance for him is molex to 6 pin. How much power could I draw from two molex and would that be enough for the 650 to give his full power?

3 hours ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

650s are going for 40€ so with a bit of luck you can get the price down to 30€, the only problem is power. The last chance for him is molex to 6 pin. How much power could I draw from two molex and would that be enough for the 650 to give his full power?

That really depends on your power supply. The recommended PSU wattage for a 650 is 400 watts. The 650 is going to pull 100+ of that just at idle and over 200w under full load. If you have a 400 watt power supply but it's not from a good brand I'd be hesitant to try and pull that much from it especially considering you won't have a dedicated 12v rail to pull power from the way PSUs with a 6pin connector would. If you're not over 400 watts I'd wait to do an upgrade until you can afford some quality parts. Maybe start with trying to find a good PSU and upgrade the GPU later. You won't get any performance right now but at least it will still be alive for another upgrade later.

My rig:
CPU: Ryzen 1600X

MOBO: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3

RAM: 16Gb (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4

STORAGE: 512Gb ADATA Ultimate SU800 SSD; 1Tb WD Caviar Black HDD

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce  6Gb

PSU: EVGA GQ 650
CASE: CM MasterCase 5

PERIPHERALS: Corsair Strafe RGB, Corsair Sabre RGB, HyperX Cloud Stinger
PCP Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/EvEdSchob/saved/ZnLLkL