To install CyanogenMod or not?

orangecat

I have a Galaxy S4 mini and I was thinking of giving CyanogenMod a try but i don't want to go through all the trouble of getting it to work or anything if its not going to be a big difference.

Is there a reason i should switch from the stock S4 OS to CyanogenMod?

@Kilobytez95

Usually custom roms [if good ones] run faster, are easier on battery life and much mroe customizable.

Running Jamal's S4 google stock ROM -> So much butter than UncleTouchyWiz.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

@Kilobytez95

Usually custom roms [if good ones] run faster, are easier on battery life and much mroe customizable.

Running Jamal's S4 google stock ROM -> So much butter than UncleTouchyWiz.

Does it work like the stock rom just have some changes in the background?

Does it work like the stock rom just have some changes in the background?

The S4 rom basically turns your regular Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 into a GT-i9505G + Root. [stock to Google [nexus] edition]. Might be stock google roms for the S4 mini, gotta check XDA ^^

The S4 rom basically turns your regular Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 into a GT-i9505G + Root. [stock to Google [nexus] edition]. Might be stock google roms for the S4 mini, gotta check XDA ^^

The only problem I'm having is i don't know if I will like the change. i really like the stock rom for the s4 mini but I feel as if i could get more performance or battery life from the custom one.

The only problem I'm having is i don't know if I will like the change. i really like the stock rom for the s4 mini but I feel as if i could get more performance or battery life from the custom one.

Depends on the rom. There's roms that keep the standard interface and there's some that go closer or fully to the stock android interface.

You can always download "Nova Launcher" and set it up to work as you plan. [Will not change the batterylife but will change your interface].

Also with recoveries such as CWM, you can simply use your backup to go precisely to where you where before you installed the rom [if you do a backup, which is HIGHLY recommended in case anything doesn't work or bug or something similar]

Difference like nightly and day.

ISWYDT! funny.

I run CM 10 currently and I love it, on my HTC One S (ville). I find it better for battery life and performance but you won't know until you try it. The best part about modding your phone like this as mentioned above is the recovery. Recoveries like CWM, or better yet TWRP, can back up your current rom and all your settings. You then flash a new rom through TWRP and try it out. If you don't like it you can either flash another one or go back to how you had your phone when you backed it up. These are nandroid backups, and I keep a copy of my backup on my computer just in case something goes wrong and I can completely wipe my phone and within minutes go back to how it was a few days ago.

Give it a shot, someone probably makes a stock based rom if you end up liking stock better but want a few tweaks.

Play: Liten v3 (4970k @ 4.6GHz, 32GB Ram, Asus GTX 1070 Strix)

The instructions might look extremely complex, but its honestly a very simple process to install a custom ROM and boot.img. Once you get the hang of it, if you install a ROM you don't like, you'll be able to swap it out with another in a matter of minutes. 

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I have a Galaxy S4 mini and I was thinking of giving CyanogenMod a try but i don't want to go through all the trouble of getting it to work or anything if its not going to be a big difference.

Is there a reason i should switch from the stock S4 OS to CyanogenMod?

what about the cyanogenmod installer, go to their website and you cab download it from your phone and it will give you step by step instructions, I haven't used it but it might be useful to give it a go :P

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

what about the cyanogenmod installer, go to their website and you cab download it from your phone and it will give you step by step instructions, I haven't used it but it might be useful to give it a go :P

It got tooken down 

$$金Trill金$$

It got tooken down

yes but from the playstore, if you go to their website it is right there waiting for you.

post-28847-0-94854000-1385801625_thumb.p

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

yeah I just read a barely found out that they just took it off of the play store so my bad

$$金Trill金$$