Synology NAS and Google Photos

Hello All,

I bought a Synology DiskStation DS716+II (at the time of writing it is still on delivery...).

I use Google Photos to backup all of my pictures (between photos and videos is around 63'000).

I wanted to find a way to download and sync photos from Google Photos to the NAS. That is Google Photos --> NAS.

I found that the best (and probably only way) is to enable the option on Google Drive to add a Photos folder to it (you find this in the settings) and then use Cloud Station (an app on the Synology Store) to sync Google Drive.

Now, the problem is that I tried to enable the option on Google Drive to add the Photos folder, but it added only some of the many pictures I had.

Here are my questions:

1) Does anyone have experience with this situation (or similar)?

2a) When I enable the Google Drive option to add the Photos folder, does it add every photo?

2b) Do these pictures count toward the quota?

2c) If I delete a photo from Google Drive, what happens? Is it removed from Google Photos as well? Is it re-added from Photos?

Thanks,

Stefano

PS: If you need me to clarify anything, please let me know. I wrote this quickly, and it is not super readable.