Combining Pump and NZXT USB Hub power into ONE Molex plug

Hello,

Im working on the custom cables for my first watercooled pc, and I ran into an area where I could potentially streamline the plugs a little bit. I have my Alphacool D5 pump that uses a molex connector (using 12v and Gnd), and a NZXT USB hub that uses a molex as well, this time using the 5v and Gnd. Is it possible, since Ive already repinned and sleeved these cables, to combine them into one Molex connector? Thus eliminating a connector that I would add to my custom power cables for that section of the case. (Please note that Im inquiring about this because I enjoy efficiency, not out of laziness!) 

Are there any issues that this would cause? Is it a bad idea to run multiple components from one plug?

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

(I think this is the correct place for this question, Im sorry if theres a better location!)

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

Ask @W-L for the modding FAQ

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Ask @W-L for the modding FAQ

Hi, I just found it on the home page of this thread (I should have checked that first, my bad). While it has lots of useful info, it doesnt look like it answers my specific question.

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

2 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

Hi, I just found it on the home page of this thread (I should have checked that first, my bad). While it has lots of useful info, it doesnt look like it answers my specific question.

Well what I would do is just be on the safe side and do two separate plugs

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

50 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

It's doable you will basically be making a custom adapter or cable though so it uses the GRD pins and the 12V, and 5V p[ins respectively for molex. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/551953-modding-faq-new-layout/

56c926126de64_PSUPinoutandDiagrams.PNG.09176a0990ec50dcc28389356b37ae0c.PNG

14 hours ago, W-L said:

It's doable you will basically be making a custom adapter or cable though so it uses the GRD pins and the 12V, and 5V p[ins respectively for molex. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/551953-modding-faq-new-layout/

56c926126de64_PSUPinoutandDiagrams.PNG.09176a0990ec50dcc28389356b37ae0c.PNG

Awesome, thanks for the information! Happy modding!