Computer freezes

lilsynaster

Ok so I'm running a gtx 970 4 gig i3 4170 duelcore 3.70 ghz processor and 6 gigs of ddr3 1600mhz ram I'm not gunna be able to upgrade my computer for another few months I'm thinking about slapping an 8 gig stick of ram in this just for the reasoning that every time I play ark my computer is severely bottlenecks and crashes would throwing some quick ram in make a huge difference or none at all

19 minutes ago, lilsynaster said:

I play ark my computer is severely bottlenecks and crashes would throwing some quick ram in make a huge difference

yes, try to get a better CPU, i7 4770/ 4790 would be better. 

19 minutes ago, lilsynaster said:

I play ark my computer is severely bottlenecks and crashes

ARK is a very poorly made game

20 minutes ago, lilsynaster said:

Ok so I'm running a gtx 970 4 gig i3 4170 duelcore 3.70 ghz processor and 6 gigs of ddr3 1600mhz ram I'm not gunna be able to upgrade my computer for another few months I'm thinking about slapping an 8 gig stick of ram in this just for the reasoning that every time I play ark my computer is severely bottlenecks and crashes would throwing some quick ram in make a huge difference or none at all

throwing more ram at it won't make it magically go faster, i think that your problem is the CPU which is pretty weak for heavy gaming.. save a bit and get atleast an i5.
you might be able to score a i5 or i7 cheaply on the used market, just make sure it's the same socket and that it works

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I plan on conepletely rebuilding my computer in a few months gunna get the r5 1600x 16 gigs of ddr4 3200 MHz ram and the msi tomahawk board