Bios update gone wrong

Go to solution Solved by Mauricio G. B.,

Turns out CSM and Launch PCXE shit were locked due secure boot bullcrap wich had moved into another submenu in the new bios, god it was a nightmare

Hey guys so recently a friend got a nice deal for an ASUS STRIX GL502VT Gaming Laptop, wich has been Heating up quite a bit, well i suggested for him to update the Bios as some times it will change the fan curves n shit and actually the latest Bios update says "updated thermal policy", well thing is, using the utility provided by the asus website flashed the bios to the 300 version (previously was the 200), but now it has locked ALL most of the Bios Features and WONT BOOT anymore, not even to my windows USB, nor EZFLASH from bios will do a thing, i cant change AHCI to Uefi and such things and the laptop just goes into the bios screen, any tips?

EDIT:
update:
Bios EZ FLASH utility is working, but i cant "reflash" the bios because it says the build is too old, so is actually installed correctly it seems, i still dont have acces to the Sata controller options, theres no boot options at all

Edited by Mauricio G. B.

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

Well, atleast it's not bricked. Atleast this gives us something to work with.

Have you tried reseting the CMOS? I assume this has been done but I just have to ask. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, Volbet said:

Well, atleast it's not bricked. Atleast this gives us something to work with.

Have you tried reseting the CMOS? I assume this has been done but I just have to ask. 

im on it as we speak (taking the laptop apart and removing the batteries), and yes, its always frightening to me that flashing bioses is so dangerous

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

Just now, Mauricio G. B. said:

im on it as we speak (taking the laptop apart and removing the batteries), and yes, its always frightening to me that flashing bioses is so dangerous

Does laptops have dedicated CMOS batteries these days? I must be getting old. 

Back in my day there was only one battery to drive the laptop and keep the CMOS alive. 

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Does laptops have dedicated CMOS batteries these days? I must be getting old. 

Back in my day there was only one battery to drive the laptop and keep the CMOS alive. 

yes most new laptops do carry a small cell like a motherboard, and its main battery

Sin título.png

Edited by Mauricio G. B.
added picture

1 minute ago, Mauricio G. B. said:

yes most new laptops do carry a small cell like a motherboard, and its main battery

My world has been turned upside down. 

Well, let me know if it helps. If it doesn't we'll take it from there. 

5 minutes ago, Volbet said:

My world has been turned upside down. 

Well, let me know if it helps. If it doesn't we'll take it from there. 

well, it did nothing at all, settings are still the same, it just took way longer to power up after being drained :/, i cant also install an older bios it just seeks saying "older version detected"

i also installed a regular HDD from another perfectly working laptop, it is detected and showing in the bios but i still cant change the sata controller type, or boot into it

Turns out CSM and Launch PCXE shit were locked due secure boot bullcrap wich had moved into another submenu in the new bios, god it was a nightmare

This is why I don't update my BIOS unless I'm comfortable loosing the System or there is a major security risk or severe bug.

I'm glad that you got everything working though!

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM