I have a question for buying a new PC

What would be better? An i5-6400 with 8Gb of RAM and a GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb or an i3-6098p, 8Gb of RAM and a GTX 1060 6Gb

i5 7400 with 8gigs and a 1050..the i3 might bottleneck your 1060

Specs:

CPU: i5-7600 @ 3.5Ghz (Boost to 3.9 maybe even 4.1 but who knows)

GPU: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Expedition Edition

RAM: 8GB DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2133(OC TO 2400)

MoBo: GIGABYTE B250M-DS3H

Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 500GB Hitachi something(salvaged from wreckage)

Display(s): LG 24"LCD 768p panel + Samsung SM E1920 18".

Peripherals: CoolerMaster Master key Lite L RGB Combo .

Case: COOLER MASTER ELITE 311

PSU: COOLERMASTER 460W

Audio: CUSTOM 5.1 HT 4x5W + 1x50W Centre + 1x250W Sub + 500W CUSTOM AMP.

Power backup: 48hours of inverted goodness.

1 minute ago, iGrimReaper said:

What would be better? An i5-6400 with 8Gb of RAM and a GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb or an i3-6098p, 8Gb of RAM and a GTX 1060 6Gb

i3's as a rule are really bad, low performance and they don't age well. I would go for the i5, and wait a little longer so that I could afford the 1060. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

6 minutes ago, iGrimReaper said:

Save up and build your own. Are those PCs Pre-built? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

5 minutes ago, iGrimReaper said:

Wt will yu be using it 4?

i3 is good for email and internet and games

5 minutes ago, iGrimReaper said:

it may vary a little bit from game to game depending on CPU usage in said game, but largely speaking if you're wanting the highest framerates possible with the highest graphical settings possible, the i3 + 1060 is a better gaming rig..... However you could likely save a bunch of money by getting a pentium G4560 instead of that I3, as they're extremely close spec wise but the pentium is significantly cheaper MSRP

All that being said, in this price range you should really be considering Ryzen 5 or waiting for an R3. Maybe even buying a used PC.

11 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Save up and build your own. Are those PCs Pre-built? 

Yeah they are pre-built. I can't build my own cuz.. I don't know how and I am in the younger side.

7 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

it may vary a little bit from game to game depending on CPU usage in said game, but largely speaking if you're wanting the highest framerates possible with the highest graphical settings possible, the i3 + 1060 is a better gaming rig..... However you could likely save a bunch of money by getting a pentium G4560 instead of that I3, as they're extremely close spec wise but the pentium is significantly cheaper MSRP

All that being said, in this price range you should really be considering Ryzen 5 or waiting for an R3. Maybe even buying a used PC.

Pc's are pre-built, but they are cheap and they both have the same price, that's why I was asking what I shoukd get. Sorry for not saying it in the description of the topic.

11 minutes ago, yathis said:

Wt will yu be using it 4?

i3 is good for email and internet and games

Playing games of course. Rust, League of Legends, Unturned, GTA V, Doom, etc.

Just now, iGrimReaper said:

Pc's are pre-built, but they are cheap and they both have the same price, that's why I was asking what I shoukd get. Sorry for not saying it in the description of the topic.

Then get the one with the 1060. it will give you higher framerates with higher graphical settings in more games more often when compared against the i5 + 1050

i3's are great... for office purposes.

if you want the gaming, you want 4 cores or better ;)

that said, if you want the gaming, you want 8 gigs of ram as well, and ram REALLY isnt that big of a cost.